“Bad Service”

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #98 of 168 Restaurants in Cartersville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We live in Cartersville but normally go out of town for Japanese Food. However, this weekend we had our daughter's 18th birthday party at Tokyo. The service was terrible!!! Not only that, the chef was flipping the egg during the dinner and it landed on the table and busted near a glass of tea. It took him nearly 5 minutes to wipe the mess, alowing the raw egg to run all over the table. The worse part, they did not replace the glass which had raw egg on the bottom. When we complained to the manager about the service, she was very passive and acted as if she didn't care.
We will NEVER go back to Tokyo!!!!! Our suggestion, if you want good food, good service, and a good show, go elsewhere.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

LOCAL FAVORITE!!! We have came here every weekend for the past 8yrs to eat! The hibatchi is fun for families. The food is to die for! We always try new Japanese when we go out of town and nothing even comes close! The sushi is absolutely amazing! The service is always great and consistant! Prices are good especially for what u get! If you want awesome Japanese food Cartersville Tokyo is the place to go!

1  Thank GaRox
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This restaurant is terrific. The service is excellent, the restaurant is clean and well kept. The wait staff are courteous and prompt. The hostess is the real thing! The food - oh, boy, the food! There is too much to eat in one sitting, yet you keep eating and eating because it is too delicious not to finish! The drinks are terrific and they will give you one to go, a full one, if you ask for a to go cup for your current one. Very, very good restaurant with wonderful food and excellent food!

1  Thank stayhomemommy
Reviewed December 10, 2008

My wife and I have been going to Benihana's or Kobe for our anniversary and maybe one other time each year for the 18 years we have been married. Last year we tried the Japanese Steakhouse since it was closer to home and we were pleasantly surprised. The shows aren't as good as the other places but after the first couple of times you really don;t go for those anyway. Overall the food is just as good and we both think the ginger salad here is the best. The only thing I miss from Kobe is the sprouts.

Some say the other places are better but I really think they are all very comparable. If you are closer to this then give it a try and you should be pleased.

2  Thank DbumCville
Reviewed September 19, 2008

The food at Tokyo is good, but the restaurant has some irritating "policies." For example, they charge you if you sit with your party but don't order a meal (it's rude to take up space like that, but should they charge you for doing it?) If you want to share an entree with someone, I think it's another $4 charge, possibly for each of you. These are only a few of their "policies;" I know that there were more, but I can't recall the others as I've not gone back after my first visit.

You're better off making the drive to Kennesaw and going to Shogun instead.

1  Thank ff_22