“Just enough”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just enough”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not a fancy place, but a nice enough room, very nice people, good breakfast. Nothing not to like. I would go back. The waitress in the restaurant was very nice -- fried me up an egg. We enjoyed the free cookies, too.

Room Tip: Close to the front desk and breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Knoxville
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff here is outstanding. Very friendly. "Hiliary" on the front desk staff is very friendly and works hard to keep the guest happy. We were there for 28 days. The bar offers $1 drafts everyday for happy hour. The breakfast crew provides great service. The food is standard but good. The rooms are a little dated but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013
Eufaula, Alabama
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel on several occasions & the staff has always been pleasant. The rooms are clean but a little dated. When we were leaving, I saw that they were installing flat screen tv's, so that will be a plus on return. There was a little mold & the celing was peeling in the bathroom. We ate in the restaurant for supper & the food was delicious. Not much of a breakfast person, but it looked nice.

I travel with my dogs & they have several nice areas to walk them & at night are very well lit.

They are a little pricey for the shape the rooms are in & the building & they don't offer many discounts. But, with all the amenities it kind of makes up for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Florida, but we had a great experience. The room was quiet and clean, with a refrigerator. The only downside was that the sink was inside the bathroom, so everyone had to wait until the bathroom was free and that slowed us down a bit. We used the business center to print out some emails, and everything went smoothly. Just be sure to clear your browser history and delete any files you download. The free breakfast was great, in the hotel's restaurant with booths and aquariums full of tropical fish. The hot buffet was very nice, and they have about 3 servers to help get coffee,drinks and clear your plates away. Would definitely recommend for an overnight or short stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tweensmamma
Mississippi
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel looks a little worn but this is a nice, clean place and offers a comfortable night's sleep. It is not a fancy place but the breakfast is good and the staff are excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to the weary traveller seeking a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel numerous times and had a few problems nothing to get upset about. Then recently we stayed and they charged me for four nights when we were only there three. I called and the girl at the front desk transferred me to the general manager, of course I got a voicemail. Never called me back. Called the next day got Cindy. Oh boy. She made some excuse as to why I was over charged and made it sound like it was my fault. Two days later we stayed again....paid cash this time....they charged my credit card too. In her poor management style made some excuse. She is very uninfomative, totatlly out of touch with her customers. Worst manager I have ever encountered.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank kcecil0802
McMinnville, TN
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our 5th time staying at this establishment - stopping 30 miles North of the Atlanta perimeter keeps us out of Atlanta traffic, but close enough to enjoy Atlanta. Comfortable beds with nice clean rooms and a great breakfast buffet give this its high rating for me.

Two issues (one was unique to the weekend we were there):
1. Pet conference - I'm a sound sleeper and only rolled over a couple of times during the night, but my wife counted and the dogs woke her up 10 times. (This stopped me from giving a 5th dot).

2. The toilet/shower room was a bit small.

Overall, though, another good stay at a great hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator; pick the bottom floor. Plan for a hearty breakfast there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family