“Poor WiFi”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Reviewed December 11, 2011

A perfectly average Holiday Inn but the wifi is useless. My iPad never connected.
The laptop connection was painfully slow making even getting eMail frustrating.

They have a password scheme which makes it even worse. I you use wifi, stay somewhere else

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Intlpvti

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend, and it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel seems a bit older, but was in good shape. The rooms were a good size, the mattress were maybe a bit older, but slept pretty good. The bathroom was clean, and I think there was a refridgerator in the room, and the tv's were older models as well. I don't believe that there is an elevator to the second floor, because we had to take the stairs. There is a small bar on property - it has a couple of pool tables, a dart board, juke box...the bartender was very nice and the drinks were reasonable. There were a few locals in the bar as well as hotel customers. We had dinner at the hotel as well as breakfast. The food was very decent. The breakfast is included in the price of the room, and was really good. The breakfast bar had a full breakfast, in addition to cereal and microwavable items.
Right behind the hotel is the Tellus Museum - which I think started out as a rock/mineral museum. It's a pretty neat place to visit, if you have time.
If I travel back to this area- I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel.

Hope this helps!

Room Tip: if you don' want to take the stairs with an arm load of luggage, ask for the a ground floor room...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia G
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I had a meeting close by and decided to stay in Cartersville. Had some laundry to do since I'd been on the road for a week. After my clothes were washed in the washing machine I went to drop then in the dryer....I was floored when I saw that the dryer wasn't working....No sign or anything was put on it. I told the property manager and rather than say I could use the dryers the property uses for linens and towels she gave me the location of a laundromat...thanks.

As for the property it was definitely an older place...the rooms were nothing to brag about but the lobby and restaurant area were pretty nice. The people that worked there were pretty nice for the most part as well. The area around the hotel was nice and scenic...walking down the halls of the hotel was pretty nasty. The room had a mini-fridge with a microwave. The wifi signal wasn't the greatest.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kdesai78
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I drove to Lake Allatoona to pick up a boat and spent the night at the Holiday Inn Cartersville. The location was convenient. The building and grounds were clean. The room was a little larger than average. They have a bar in the hotel that closed around 10:30. We had been working all day and were already asleep. Some people from the bar were staying in the room next to ours. They stood outside our door talking in loud inebriated voices. After about 15 min. I called the desk and they quickly cleared the hall. There was a buffet breakfast included that was very good. Biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, cereal, good coffee, orange (and other) juices, milk, and more. The Holiday Inn met our needs nicely. I would rate this hotel a solid three and one half out of five. We would stay there again. I hope you found some of this information useful.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank Scuba_Doc
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed at this hotel one night. I did not have high expectations, it's just a Holiday Inn off the interstate, but I do think any hotel needs to meet some minimal standards of cleanliness and upkeep. This place was not up to standard IMO.

It is a two-story building, but you don't find out until after they have given you a second floor room that there is no elevator. Usually I actually prefer walking up and down a flight of stairs, but not with heavy luggage. There is a staircase near the lobby that is very rickety, it feels like the stairs are going to cave in as you walk on it.

The front desk person was not helpful or very bright. I asked her which staircase would be the closest to park near and then to get to wherever my room is, and she basically didn't answer saying any staircase would be good. So I went to one she pointed out and ended up walking all the way down the hall until I was right back in the lobby -- there was no staircase near where she said. And she couldn't have cared less.

Once in the room I suppose the place was clean enough. If you are looking for a very basic old-fashioned motel and don't mind a few details falling by the wayside then this motel would be fine. But if your standards are a little higher then you would not appreciate the experience I had.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times & find it a great place for our first night stop from southern Florida on our way north. Hotel has a restaurant for lunch & dinner and a FREE breakfast which is very rare for Holiday Inns. The rooms are clean & have everything our family needs. There is ample free parking & an outdoor pool.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were traveling to the Atlanta area and were unfamiliar in which areas of town were the most family friendly. So, we decided to stay a bit North of the big city. We went through priceline and got a Friday night stay for less than half the published price. It was wonderful. The check-in staff was friendly and pointed out the restaurant and lounge locations in the hotel and also informed us of outdoor pool hours and breakfast times and location. It seems that this hotel has had a major renovation recently. Everything seemed new and clean with no weird odor that is in some hotels. All the rooms opened to the interior corridor and the halls were wide and clean. The room was big, comfortable and updated with 2 queen beds. Breakfast was in a very nice restaurant with well kept fish tanks which added a lovely touch to the morning. The buffet had hot biscuits, sausage, bacon, grits, etc and their was plenty of pastries, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit on the countertop bar area. The attendant kept the area clean and well stocked and was friendly to the guests. A great stay and we would definitely recommend and stay again if we are back in the Atlanta area. There is a new Waffle House nearby and another family owned restaurant closeby in addition to the restaurant in the hotel.

Room Tip: Priceline $49 bid had great results.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family