“Very beautiful wedding for my daughter at the Inn!”
Review of Lake Allatoona Inn

Lake Allatoona Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Cartersville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a very beautiful outdoor wedding on the grounds of the inn for my daughter. The gazebo area was beautiful with the fall colors and the weather was perfect. Lynn and her family did a great job setting everything up and helping us with all the details. The area they had for the reception was perfect as well. We didn't stay here, but the house is very lovely and I'm sure the stay would be worth the trip. There were some excellent areas where our photographer got some beautiful pictures. I would definitely recommend the Lake Allatoona Inn!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tomsgirl84

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I surprised my girlfriend with a night stay in the General Coarse's suite. This room was great. The bed was super comfortable, and my girlfriend and I slept better here than we do in our own bed. The room also has access to a nice wrap around balcony that faces the morning sun. But the true highlight of the room is the air-heated jetted tub. It's huge. The room was well worth the price.

As for the rest of the Inn, it's great. Lynn runs the place, and she's fantastic. She had breakfast ready for us when we finally made it out of bed and downstairs. And wow, what a breakfast it was. Lynn was also very helpful in finding us places to swim in the lake, and find places to eat.

I can't say enough good things about Lynn or the Allatoona Lake Inn. Great place and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dave0911
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We rented the "Lake Cabin" run by Lake Allatoona Inn. As shown on their website, we would be right on the water. We envisioned walking out the door, across the lawn, and to the dock on Lake Allatoona. Unfortunately the lake was a winding downhill walk through exposed tree roots, some distance from the cabin. That meant that two family members were unable to go to the lake. Even worse, the cozy porch near the kitchen was perched within viewing distance of the interstate. Although the trees are thick and the property is lovely, the highway noise made it difficult to enjoy the porch. The cabin, or more accurately, house, is in a residential neighborhood. It was Memorial Day weekend, and the neighbors had a loud party that kept many of us up until 3:00 a.m. We did not call the cabin owner in the middle of the night, as she had been fairly rude earlier in the evening when one of our group called to say the tv wasn't working.

That being said, the house itself was quite charming, with attractive decorating and plenty of room for our family. There was dust on the windowsills and other surfaces and (gross!) used soap in the shower that had been left by another party.

So, buyer beware-- do not expect a relaxing lake getaway.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at the Allatoona Inn's lake home. We were very disappointed that the house was quite a walk from the lake, not on the lake, as advertised. The lake is beautiful but we were not able to use it as not all of the people in our group could make the walk to the beach. The house, although cute, was not cleaned very well. Used soap in the bathroom, dirty carpet, dusty ceiling fans that we did not use because we did not want the dirt to fly around. We actually cleaned the patio so we could sit outside. Dirty mop and bucket left behind, next to the dirty BBQ...oh there are so many details that created my rating, but the worst is the lack of concern from the owners when we called. We never even saw them while we were there. Guess they were too busy to check on their renters.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank sjrb
allatoonainn, Owner at Lake Allatoona Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

We being the owners of the Lake Allatoona House are making this response as to the misunderstandings that were represented in this review. First, the house is a Lake house and the lake is directly behind it. The Corp of Engineers does own the first 500 ft around the lake therefore homes and buildings can not be built that close. They also do not allow the removal of trees above a certain size on the footage that they own. The guests were told that there was a trail down to the boat dock through the corp land approx. 900 ft. long before they arrived. The house was not dirty. I paid a house cleaner to clean it. The carpets had just been chemically cleaned about one week before they arrived. I have receipts to prove this. The carpet is a very light beige and people walking in and out of the house will mark it. Nice carpet but honestly too light for a lot of traffic. The only concern that was addressed to me by the guests were the trail and not being able to figure out how to use the big screen. I offered to let the guests leave but they refused. I sent someone to change the input on their TV. They used the house for the whole time period and had parties and family gatherings. If this house was soo bad why did they elect to stay?

Reviewed June 19, 2011

The trails across the road where the Battle of Allatoona took place were very enjoyable. This Inn is in a convenient location to the lake, the Battlefield, and both Cartersville and Ackworth. With some attention to house keeping and a better breakfast it could be a decent place to stay. The owner did give us good information regarding area restaurants, trails, etc. However, attention needs to be given housekeeping. The blinds in our room were dusty and there were spider webs behind them and residue from bugs on the window sill. The hot tub is too large for the tiny bathroom and the plumbing is on the front side instead of being against the back wall which makes it difficult to get in and out of the tub. There are no safety handles to grab on to. We were given towels only on the first day. Breakfast was really a disappointment. The owner seemed to use the same pan for doing the bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. and washed the pan after doing each preparation which meant that by the time we got our food it was cold. A pitcher of juice was on the table but no glasses. After food (cold) was brought to the table the owner sat down to chat and we still did not have plates from which to eat. This B&B was certainly no bargain and the breakfast is certainly not something for which I would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid "The Colonel's Quarters."
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PinkermanGA
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I generally prefer to book cabins or cottages on the grounds of a B&B, so when I saw "Major's Cabin" at Lake Allatoona Inn, I booked it, thinking it was an actual cabin. Upon arrival, I discovered that it is only a rather smallish room in the inn.

While the inn itself is nicely decorated and well kept, the lack of accoustic isolation made sleep difficult for us. The first night, I slept little, constantly hearing sounds of the bed creaking in the adjacent room, as well as people coming up and down the stairs and along the hall. The second night, we were the only guests and it was quieter.

Although the Inn is accross the road from Lake Allatoona, guests at the inn can only see the lake by standing (not sitting) on the 2nd floor porch, since the view is blocked by a levee or similar earthwork structure.

I very much enjoyed walking in the nearby battlerground park adjacent to the lake. For me, that was the best part of the trip.

We were only given 2 bath towels for our two night stay - and no bath mat, although the floor of the bath was heated. I had to turn up the floor heat to dry the bathroom floor.

The bath attached to our room had a (locked) door to the adjacent room - through which we could easily hear our neighbors' conversation. My wife and I were reluctant to use the bathroom in the night for fear of waking our neighbors.

We did not meet the innkeeper until the 2nd day of our stay.
The innkeepers were dealing with a family medical crisis, so we probably did not catch them at their best.

Breakfast was something warmed up in the microwave - rather disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PecanWood
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We were traveling with our two horses and pets from our winter home in Fl. to our home in Indiana. It was so nice to have our horses stay in a clean environment and safe, as well as the lovely room we shared there. The breakfast was the best ever, and we were made to feel like we were family.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple