“Bluegrass special.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you enjoy some old fashioned bluegrass music in the background then this is the place. Also, bring a flashlight, they skimp a bit on the lighting in the place. When they say "under the bridge" they are not kidding. It is a pretty good ambiance and the booths are fairly comfortable. I had the Appalachian plate and it was more than filling with an excess of potatoes on the plate. The fried spinach is unique and the starter salad is excellent. Several folks at my table stated the steaks were very tender and the taste excellent but both complained of a bit much gristle in a filet. We went on a Monday night so not too busy but looks like the place could get crowed quickly. For a unique dining experience in Cartersville I would recommend it.

1  Thank Hogride

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great taste, great menu, wonderful service. Get rea dy, th portions are HUGE... Consider splitting a meal or be ready to take some home.

And the salad and spinach dressing.... Outstanding

1  Thank karlinfmly
Reviewed October 14, 2013

While all my friends raved about Appalachian Grill I found the food to be just OK. I really wish I could give the food a higher rating but I can't . The service was excellent, the ambiance is high quality, the food LOOKS great but the taste was just OK. We were seated in a booth next to the kitchen was I was by thankful for because it was warmer as I get cold very easily but every time someone came in and out of the door it hit our booth!

Sorry guys, I won't be back but I sincerely hope everyone else loves it.

1  Thank Leslieonthego
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The salmon and trout were excellent. The Appalachian seafood and sausage gill left something to be desired. There were too many potatoes on this dish and they were not good.
Come early to avoid the wait.

1  Thank Jimmy30263
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Got the prime rib and a ribeye to go last week. The steaks were cooked perfectly. They gave us baked potatoes with all the trimmings and the food was still good and warm when we got home to eat it. The plastic ware we got was the strong sturdy type which made cutting the steaks that much easier. This is one of the few places in town you can get a food prime rib. The price of some menu items can be a little high but overall good value for the money.

1  Thank mayor_of_stilesboro