“Use to be a favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This use to be my favorite restaurant in cville, eating there about 3-4 times a month. Over the last two years service has gotten progressively worse, to the point where I don't know if ill be returning any time soon. I brought my manager for lunch recently, raving about the place. We waited 50 minutes to get a salad with no meat and a burger cooked medium. Our entire lunch hour was waiting on our meal. Food is still great but service just awful!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were told by relatives to eat at "Antonio's Italian" restaurant while in Cartersville. It was closed down, so we took our chances at the nearby Appalacian Grill. After reviewing the menu, we placed our name with the hostess. We were seated within minutes. The very hot and fresh homemade rolls were a prelude of what was to come. The salad was absolutely the best I have ever enjoyed! It included all the fresh basics plus fruits, nuts, etc..etc..plus an amazing fish-shaped piece of cornbread that could have passed for a dessert. We ordered the salmon and salmon pattie. Both were unbelievable. We live an hour away but we will be back to Cartersville, if for no other reason other than to eat here!

1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband I were staying overnight in Ga. and the Appalachian Grill was recommend to us by the front desk at our motel. We just checked and had been driving all day and did not want to stop at the exit restaurants. This was a excellent recommendation.
We were seated right away and the server was right there to get drink orders. I had the prime rib and my husband had filet mignon. Both were very good. The atmosphere is charming and warm. It was a Great meal - Great Service - in a charming and historic part of Georgia.
I would recommend the Appalachian Grill and would go back there again.

2  Thank Mary B
Reviewed July 17, 2013

If you are in Cartersville, you must go to the Appalachian Grill in the downtown historic district "under the bridge". There are several small shops on the same street that are great to peek in! The restaurant seems very popular with both travelers and locals. The service was friendly, efficient, and pleasant. The food was very good. We both had the Smoky Mountain Trout and a great glass of Green Truck Chardonnay. The salads came with delicious cranberry cornbread in the shape of a fish. The decor is cozy and the bar is popular as well. We definitely will go back whenever we are in the area!

1  Thank AllieO
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Appalachian Grill has the best Reuben sandwich I have ever had. All of the food is of great quality. The staff was great. We enjoy eating here.