“Not a good Weekend Stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not a good Weekend Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

First bad review I think I have ever written. When I made my reservation I requested and was promised two cribs for my grandchildren. Upon arrival I ask if they were in the room. I was told "probably not, let me see, we usually don't read the request." Then she went to the back room, came out with a "pack and play" and said they only have one available and handed it to me. Um, let's see a one year old and a two year old sleep in that. That's Not happening. That night the hotel was not very occupied but oh was it noisy. The bedroom part was quieter but the living room area with the pull out couch was very noisy. Next day we left the hotel at 11 AM and returned around 5 PM to find our room had not been cleaned and the maids were gone for the day. The first suggestion the front desk clerk had was, no problem just transfer to a different room. I said No, with two kids under two years of age we have too much stuff to pack and move. So again the front desk attendant went to the back room, came out and handed me a hand full of clean towels and said "just throw your dirty towels in the hall and I will get them later." So I did along with the trash right beside my door. Of course all of it was still there the next morning. When I pulled out the sleeper sofa it was filty underneath with food and trash. The TV in the living room kept losing it sound and the ref. froze everthing solid. When I completed the survey the hotel had sent to me, I received an e-mail back that said "Thanks for the feedback we will try to do better next time." Do they really believe that statement would help me feel better about my recent stay and assure that I would be a repeat customer. I think a Customer Service Seminar is needed sooner than later!

3 Thank travelfun2102
CartersvilleGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cartersville, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear "travelfun2102",

I am so sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I would love the chance to talk about all that happened with you stay. Please feel free to give me a call at 770-386-5888.

Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed here one night; the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We needed just a place to crash for the night, since were driving home to Iowa from Florida.

I thought it was a decent value. It was around $80 for the night, and we had a suite. Two queen sized beds in the bedroom, and a fold-out couch in the living room. There were two TV's, a min-fridge, and microwave. The bathroom had a shower/bath and large vanity area. It was bigger than many of the motel/hotel bathrooms we've encountered on our family road trips. The suite was clean; I didn't notice anything the other reviewers mentioned.

We swam for a bit before going to bed. The pool area was small, but there was just one other family in there, so not a big deal. It could become an issue if many people were in the pool area at the same time. There was also a hot tub, and a few (very few--maybe three) little tables situated around the pool.

We ate the complimentary breakfast, which was pretty decent. French toast, eggs, muffins, make-your-own waffles, cereals, juice, coffee, things like that. The breakfast area was decent sized, so you didn't have to fight for a place to sit like at some places.

My one complaint--and this is something the hotel staff would have no control over--is that around 10:00 p.m. the people in the room above us apparently had kids jumping around up there (or at least that's what it sounded like). The ceiling in our room was shaking each time they jumped, and it was so loud when my kids were trying to fall asleep. We didn't call management, and after fifteen minutes or so it quit.

I would stay here again, and I would recommend it to other people, based on our experiences.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kren250
Dear "kren250",

Thank you so much for giving us the honor to host you! I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us and thank you so much for the great review. If your travels bring you back to Cartersville, GA please come stay with us again!

Braselton, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

This hotel was very dirty and needs a LOT of updating. The bedding is old, thin, and scratchy. It was dusty. The bathroom was at least clean. We heard a tapping noise through the walls, but it wasn't a person. The tapping lasted all night long, and we didn't get much sleep. This was definitely not worth the price paid. They also advertised fridge and microwaves in every room, but neither us nor our family in the 2nd room had them. Was a very disappointing stay.

1 Thank nniblett
Dear "nniblett",

I am very sorry that your stay with us was unsatisfying. If you would like to talk more on the subject please feel free to contact me at 770-386-5888.

Yours In Hospitality,

Batavia, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

Check in was pleasant especially since it was quite busy because of the ice storms that evening. The room and bedding appeared to be clean until the next morning and when I walked into the bathroom I found a "bug" on the floor. What kind of bug? Not sure- all I know is I do not like to find anything like that in the room where I slept. Upon check in I took the "bug" in a cup and showed it to the desk clerk. She really didn't have much to say but did deduct 50% off our bill.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kniden
Dear "Kniden",

I was very upset to see this review. I would love to have the honor of speaking to you about the issues you had here at our hotel. Please give me a call at 770-386-5888. I look forward to hearing from you.

Country Inn & Suites
alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

We traveled with our small dog. We had to go to a wedding and leave him in room. The staff was very friendly and accomadating-giving us a ground floor, end room by the outside door. No problem leaving him in room w/o a crate. Breakfast better than most. Bed pretty comforatable-but there was hair on the sheets. There was also hair in the bathroom and it could have been cleaner. Read other reviews and talked to peoplle that complained about noise-wedidn't have any, Have stayed in worse that cost more.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

First, I want to say that I really adore tripadvisor.com and I trust the reviews that are written. Second, I am sad to say that our room was not clean. In addition to the shaved whiskers on the bathroom counter and the hair in the tub, the carpet was stained and very damp. I thought about mentioning these things to the people behind the desk, but we had just been on the road 11 hours and I was too tired. We usually stay at Country Inn & Suites hotels when we are on vacation, and they are usually very nice. I noticed a sign near the front desk that said the hotel was independently owned. I wonder if that had anything to do with the quality of the cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Statham, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

This hotel was $75 a night and not worth it at all. We were 2 or three doors down from the housekeeping laundry room and they started up about 7 or 8 in the morning and it woke us up. So much for trying to sleep in! The outside and lobby are very nice leading you to believe it's a newer hotel, then you get to your room and we were very disappointed. The floor was uneven by the bed, and would cause you to stumble when you got out of bed. The bathroom had "little" hairs on the floor by the tub. Our room card didn't work twice and had to be reprogrammed. Now I've stayed in worse rooms, but not at that price. On the plus side, very nice breakfast and it was free. And the bed was comfortable. So I guess if you are getting up early and looking for a place close to the interstate, this would be alright.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple