“Nice stop for the night when travelling, great price”

BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We chose this motel based on the Trip Advisor ranking. We wanted a place to sleep for the night, and didn't care about a pool or fancy amenities. Cleanliness is a big deal to us. Trip Advisor came through again. We got a standard room with two queen beds. The room was large, very clean, well kept and had very comfortable beds. The price was great, significantly cheaper than some of the other national brands we usually go with. Breakfast is included, which got the job done but as with most "free" motel breakfasts, you could do better at Mcdonalds. This motel is an older property, with a small lobby and rooms with external access. However, the property is very well maintained and we had no issues with our stay. I'd stay there again next time I travel through north Georgia.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank boilermaker_4
dharmkavita, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

We appreciate your choosing to stay with our property and being our guest. See you next time!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

first time we have stayed there and it was great. rooms were great service was great the people were very helpful. we plan on staying there again

Room Tip: great place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Doug G

Looking forward to seeing you again, "Thank you" for taking the time to write your review and choosing our property.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Pros:
Nearby gas station
Nearby fast food
Within a couple miles of casual dining and shopping.
Near interstate
Clean rooms...mostly (I will explain in a minute)
Comfy bedding
Decent fitness area.

Cons:
Outdoor access is not my favorite
Outdoor pool - to be fair, both of these seem standard for 2* in this climate.
Pool had lots of bugs. Water clear but hard to swim w dead insects all over. The boys did need the swim time due to being on road in a car.
Orange and apple juice were watered down to the point my boys reported it tasted funny and refused to drink it. I tried it and it was basically colored water.
These are basically minor though and if price reflects it can be overlooked.

The biggest problem I cannot overlook was the smoke in the non smoking room. I have a son with asthma that was acting up in the climate requiring breathing treatments every 4 hours while awake. He happens to be allergic to tobacco smoke. We were in a non smoking room, however after a while a smoke smell drifted into the room concentrated in the bathroom. I had to leave the exhaust fan on all night to help alleviate the problem. My son woke up in the middle of the night requiring a breathing treatment. HUGE problem for me since I was supposed to be in a non smoking room. I did mention this at checkout and they new there was a problem and have been trying to remedy this. They have not succeeded.

Overall for one night not horrible. Have stayed at better and worse. But this one is not in my top ten and I would probably find a different location if I am back that way. As for value...you decide. Best Westerm near Mobile with indoor access and indoor pool was LESS expensive. But it was a different state roughly an hour out of Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank fireftnchick
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your comments are very important to us, as they enable us to work harder to provide our guests with a pleasant staying experience. I do apologize for the "smoke" issue and we have been working to rectify. As for the juice, I will addess your issues with the property Owner as it comes pre-boxed and hooked upto machine.

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you back your next trip.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This Best Western pleased the whole family- clean and fresh accommodations, comfy beds and pillows, and a decent hot breakfast before hitting the road. Although located on a busy road, we were not bothered in the least by any noise. Best of all, the price was just right!

Room Tip: Three floors and an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BobbysGirl1954
dharmkavita, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Happy Campers,

Thank you for your recent stay with Best Western and for your kind review. We are pleased that your found your accomodations to your liking and look forward to a return stay.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My stay at the best western was of one of the best I have experienced the service was excellent I will be back and will recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Jpsmith86
dharmkavita, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We are so pleased to hear your stay with us was to your satisfaction. Looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

From the time I called to reserve to the time I checked out, I was pleased!! The personnel at the front desk very professional, friendly, appreciated us staying with them. The room was sparkling clean, the bed perfect, amenities great, breakfast tasty, surroundings inviting, property well maintained. I am proud this hotel is in my hometown. My six year old great granddaughter was delighted to be there for her "holiday" that also took us to Zoo Atlanta and sights in Atlanta!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melba L
dharmkavita, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

We appreciate taking your time in giving us your honest opinion about our property. We do take pride in servicing our rooms and taking care of oyur clients needs. I would like to know you were happy with our hotel but you gave us just 1 star, hopefully that was by mistake and you give us a better rating. Thank you for your business. Hope to se you soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

WOW! What a pleasant surprise! I travel for work and I am on the road 48 weeks per year. I have stayed in a lot of hotels. The corporate office books my lodging for me – so I never know where I will wind up. This was my first trip to Cartersville Georgia. So when I got the e-mail that stated I was booked for two nights at the Best Western Garden – I was a little disappointed. When I pull up to the property I was surprised and impressed by how neat and crisp the property looked. The lobby was just a lobby – but when I got to my room – I couldn't believe it! This is the nicest Best Western I have ever been in – and I have stayed in a lot of them. The room was appointed like a three-star hotel. A beautiful room with a first-class king-size mattress, beautiful furniture,a killer flatscreen TV microwave and the biggest micro-fridge I have ever seen. It is so rare to have a positive surprise when you step into the room for the first time. I am so impressed. So if you ever find yourself passing through Cartersville Georgia give yourself a little treat and stay at the Best Western Garden Inn and Suites.
Gerald Henricks

Room Tip: From what I saw – every room is a good room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerald H

Wow! Thank You for such a wonderful review and we appreciate your choosing our property. Here is to seeing you again!