“Good Overnight Stay”

BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Driving south to Florida, we had pretty much reached our limit after 12 hours. We have had good experiences in the past with Best Western. The receptionist (male) at the front desk was very informative and helpful. The room was clean and looked to be updated, beds were comfortable, TV worked, shower was hot. If there is a complaint it would be the soundproofing from the other rooms (above), you could here the occasional banging and clunking. The breakfast area was small, but the only had cereal. The coffee was terrible. We would have like to see more fruit other than orange and apple juices and some dried up apples etc in a basket in their very small lobby.

Room Tip: Try an upper room to avoid the overhead noises.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mamisy
dharmkavita, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review in regard to your recent stay. I do apologize that you did not find our breakfast accomodating and am at the same time a little confused. Our breakfast menu consists of more than cereals, we also serve fresh scrambled eggs, gravy & biscuits, fresh Belgian waffles, bagels, pastries, fruit muffins, oatmeal, grits, juices, coffees and milk.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

So I stayed here and should have stayed somewhere else. To sum it up, you get what you pay for - and I knew I was getting a lower tier branded hotel for the money. It was just me, so I decided to go a little cheaper. The hotel actually isn't bad, but it sits right next to a run down gas station and is a little scary at night - single guys should be fine but probably not females.

Here is the kicker. I'm going to check out the next day and the clerk tells me he will give me money off of my bill if I write them a review and email it to him so he can get "credit" for it.

Seriously, for $49.00 a room it's pretty good - but no wonder they have a lot of reviews because they do things under the table. I probably won't ever be back in the area so it's no big deal to me.

Just a heads up to my fellow over-nighters.

Room Tip: Not by the gas station or streetside
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank jakesteed
dharmkavita, Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

I am sorry that you felt this way about our property, but all the reviews that a guest post on tripadvisor are their own opinion. We do not give incentives to the guest to post the reviews. Is there anyway possible I would be able to get the guest info. we do not a guest with this rate staying with us. Could this be for another property and by mistake the guest might have reviewed or property. Again I apologize but that is not how we do business.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband & I stopped to check in at the Best Western Garden Inn & Suites on our way home from a trip to Florida. We had seen a billboard on Highway 75 advertising a special rate for rooms at this Hotel, and asked about that rate. The desk clerk started raising her voice at us, saying if we think she's a liar, we don't have to stay there. My husband & I just looked at each other in disbelief at this rude & ridiculous response from the clerk, and decided that okay, we WON'T stay there. In my life, I've never experienced anything like this. I have no idea if that particular hotel has nice rooms or not, but with a desk clerk turning away customers like that, it's a wonder they have much business at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank erongers
dharmkavita, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

We apologize for your inconvenience and upon review of the matter and speaking with the desk clerk, she was very apologetic about her behaviour. The clerk has been repremanded, this is not who we are. Please allow us to rectify the situation by offering you a "Complimentary" accomodation in the near future. Please present a copy of this to redeem your "Complimentary" night.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

The hotel rooms were very large and had plenty of room. James Ellington was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast, with eggs, biscuts and gravy, etc was fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms were very large.
1  Thank John W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property based on your recent stay. Looking forward to seeing you next trip.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed overnight. The room was large and we got a better rate by booking online using the online rate. We booked our room an hour before checking in and we got a better rate.

Sadly James Ellington no longer works there.

FYI the pillows were too fluffy for us. We are those weirdos that like a flat pillow.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow if you do not like fluffy pillow.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HaughtMary
dharmkavita, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Thank you for a great review. We look forward to being here for you on your next trip.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great rates for a great room. James was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
dharmkavita, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Allatoona Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review for recent stay at our property. We look forward to a return stay soon. Best Wishes!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very clean good rates on rooms and front desk was lots of help.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

We were glad to provide you the service you deserve. Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to send in your review of our property. See you again soon!