“My Stay in Cartersville”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Reviewed May 2, 2013

All of the most important areas for a hotel were excellent. The only thing I would change would be a better breakfast available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Stephanie W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you found the hotel to meet your needs. We hope you'll come to see us again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have a new FAVORITE PLACE TO STAY!!! Thanks to the caring staff at check in for helping me when Microtel's own customer service rep turned his back on me!! (I only caught Laurel's name, but the two ladies on duty made me feel so welcome.)
I made my online reservation around midnight the night before I was to check in and entered the wrong date (29th) by mistake. When I checked in the next day (30th), I found my credit card had already been charged for the previous night because of my mistake and I had no reservation. I contacted Microtel's customer service dept., explained what I had done, and dear old "Jim" informed me that it was my mistake and therefore, not their responsibility, they couldn't correct an online reservation and there was nothing he could offer me. (Basically a cut and dried "too bad, so sad" attitude.) I was trying to decide what to do when Laurel took over and called her manager. To their credit, they didn't make me walk away empty handed!! They showed compassion and put me in a great room, gave me credit for the charge on my card and I am LOVING them for that!!! The great thing about it is that this Microtel Inn & Suites is only 3 yrs old so everything is new, clean, and super nice!! I love window seats and was surprised to find our room had one! Perfect for curling up with my book!!
You can't ask for better service than we received!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, by request, because I love heights and views. There was no issue of noise...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

It's hard sometimes to remember that we are in the the business of hospitality and I am glad that Laurel was able to turn your nightmare into a pleasant stay by thinking more hospitality and less business. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and share your experience and tips for our future guests. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The whole staff is very friendly and accommodating.
I stay in an extended stay room, I have been there for over 6 months (4 nights per week)
I wish there was a fitness room in the building

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Stephanie W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thanks for the feedback Mr. G. We appreciate our "extended family" of guests that continue to trust us to make their business trips a little more "home" than "away". Since we don't have a fitness center onsite - we have entered in to an agreement with Anytime Fitness down the street. The front desk keeps a key to the gym available for our guests to use at their leisure.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Stephanie W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Reviewed April 16, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The staff was courteous and the room was clean. The good news ends there.

The small room and thin walls translated to lots of noise from adjacent rooms and late arriving guests. TV noise from the next room was obnoxious and later we could actually hear snoring from the next room. The loud heating/air conditioning unit went on every ten minutes throughout the night in spite of adjustments to the thermostat. The front desk was called but they were not able to resolve the problem nor was another room available. The location itself is noisy from traffic on the busy street especially air brakes from trucks.Two trains went by during the night on the nearby tracks.

It is not especially convenient to I-75. I booked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews but this hotel is not recommended. One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie W, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Mark- I take your dissatisfaction very seriously and have sent you a private message requesting an opportunity to speak with you about your experience so I may be able to determine what we might have been able to do differently. The hotel was completely sold out this weekend and I hate we didn't have a different room to which we could move you. Please contact me so I can better understand what went wrong. Realizing I can't change your past experience, I would hope that I could use your feedback to better shape your and others's future stay.

Reviewed April 1, 2013