“Nice Trip”

Tellus Science Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Tellus is a 120,000 square foot science museum located in Cartersville, just north of Atlanta. Tellus Science Museum is a Smithsonian Institute Affiliate Museum, which houses four major galleries - Weinman Mineral Gallery, Fossil Gallery, Science in Motion Gallery, and My Big Back Yard. In addition, the museum includes a fossil dig and gem panning hands-on experience, a planetarium, and an observatory.
Calhoun, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice Trip”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

first time there we went to one of the night at the Museum and that was pretty fun.. we had a snack there and well it was a little pricey... but we really enjoyed our selves..

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jodie A

Ooltewah, TN
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Gems/Minerals 5 Stars the rest more average”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have read the reviews were people spent hours upon hours and that is really surprising. I guess if you were watching your children play it could take a longer time. Having said that I am glad we stopped. The gems and minerals display was super nice. If you are in to that then it is well worth stopping.

Many of the other exhibits were more geared to children. They had some nice interactive stops. The transportation area was mildly interesting. Too many replicas. To me a museum is not to have replicas. That leads me to the dinosaur area. Neat, but virtually all if not all were castings. The movie was barely interesting. Not quite sure the intended crowd. . Did not pay the extra for the planetarium.

The gem mining and fossil find area was fun because my wife and I made it fun. Otherwise more interesting to the under 12 crowd. We did not eat in the cafe so can not comment. The bathrooms were clean. I was interested in the rocks , fossils and minerals in the gift shop. The prices were very reasonable. All the staff were very nice.

Do not want to sound down on the museum. I like museums, but other than the rocks, gems and minerals would have given it a three at best.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank robert37363
Cartersville, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Interesting and Fun”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

A great place to visit and learn especially for the many school children on tours. Fun for adults as well. This is a large, modern facility offering planetarium shows/movies among other great shows and exhibits.
Plenty of parking is available as well.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Franbud
maitland, florida
191 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 332 helpful votes
“You Won't Be Bored My Six Year Old Reese and I Spent 5 Hours Here Today”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are going to see a show at the Planetarium go straight to the back row this is the best seating for viewing the movie. Once again I go with no expectations and I am delighted beyond words. Because this is such a hands on Science Experiment Museum my son spent time figuring out all of the different Science Stations. We also had Planetarium tickets to watch "Undiscovered Worlds". I can see us going back because the Gem Mining and Fossil digging took time and Reese did not want to leave. It was so much fun. Once you found a gem or a fossil you go the the charts on the wall and compare your find. You were allowed to keep the gems and only one fossil.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank mpeacock_10
Nashville, Tennessee
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“This is a must stop”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Saw it from the interstate and decided to go, WOW!!! We thought it was amazing, we don't have kids and were 30 so i was a little afraid we would not enjoy but boy was I wrong stayed probably 3 hours the volunteers that work it are super nice. Great staff

2 Thank bumbalough