“Nice hotel and we will try it again.”

Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cartersville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice hotel and we will try it again.”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is a new hotel. It's furnished beautifully and is immaculate. However, the front desk guy told me that my card would not be charged for incidentals unless I actually acrued charges, and it was preauthorized for $50 which still hasn't been credited a day later. I asked to leave a cash deposit to be returned upon checkout, and he told me this was against company policy, but I know this is not a brand-wide practice since we consistently pay in cash and leave an additional cash deposit at HGI properties throughout the South and Midwest. Our room was gorgeous and very, very, very clean! We got a great night's sleep in the extra-comfortable bed and the hotel was very quiet despite being very full. In the morning we were surprised that the breakfast buffet was already put away by 8:30 am and so were the several other guests who arrived after we did! We were able to order breakfast, and although the server was professional and polite, she did not submit our order correctly to the kitchen staff since she forgot my toast and my husband's potatoes. We know this since we heard the chef/cook LOUDLY tell her that she had not turned in the order correctly when the server asked to make the additional food! However, the server attempted to smooth this over by charging us for only one breakfast which did make us happy. We will stay here again because the hotel is new and very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you for posting some comments regarding your stay with us. We do serve a full, cooked to order breakfast from 6am to 10am Monday through Friday and from 7am to 11am on the weekends - I'm not 100% sure why our staff would shut down early as that is certainly not our operational hours. I have shared your comments with my Food and Beverage team so we can learn from this and ensure we can run a little smoother for your future stays. Next time you are heading to Orlando, or just need a weekend getaway from Louisville let me know.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Once again I want to praise the entire staff beginning with manager Josh Morey who is the most accommodating manager anywhere, waitress, Angeles who knows my every need at consistently delicious breakfast, Shelby the wonderful cook, evening clerk, Kevin who makes certain I get my chocolate chip cookies and the beautiful sales manager, Michelle Simms who exudes the essence of Southern Hospitality. A great place to stay with a great staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments,

We take a lot of pride in our hotel and guest experience. See you back soon !

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2011

besides a great place to stay, i can't recommend the restaurant enough. chef daniel is gifted. will definitely stay there on our annual trip south next winter.

Room Tip: great rooms, clean fresh, not minimal
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank you for posting a review regarding your restaurant experience. Chef Daniel is truly amazing and I am thrilled that he could entertain your palate while you were with us. Daniel takes a lot of pride in his menu creation and his culinary team. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and let me know when you come back to Cartersville.

Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had our company Christmas party at the Hilton Garden Inn last December.
The staff was super-courteous and everyone was well pleased with our meal.
As I don't see how we could top it, I hope that we will be returning for future events.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for being a part of our Holiday activities, we were so happy that your company entrusted us with your annual Christmas party. I remember how gorgeous the ballroom looked and how excited everyone gets throughout that time of year. Our Director of Sales and Marketing Michele Sims takes a great deal of delight in serving our community and local partners.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The staff is exceptional when it comes to customer service. Kevin and Angela at check in are very helpful, friendly and I've never heard a discourteous word out of their mouths, to anyone. Janice in the resturant makes me feel like I'm family always greets me with a smile and kind words. The waitress' during breakfast act like I'm royalty while enjoying my morning coffee and freshly prepared omlettte. Also in the morning, when time allows, the chef always personally comes to the guests to ask how their breakfast was and truly cares about the responses he receives. Housekeeping always respects my "Do not disturb" sign on my door, but when I need service its done promply and always with a smile.

Room Tip: Reputation is getting better, make reservations .
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your last stay with us, they mean a lot to my team and I. We try to treat our hotel like a home, and our guests as our close friends. I will share your comments with my staff - again, thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your stay.

Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I was a little hesitant to reserve this hotel because it was about 50 dollars more than our usual overnight stay on the road. This hotel is beautiful. From the mountain backdrop to the fancy lobby to the giant room, I was impressed. I have stayed in nicer hotels but not for 150 dollars! The staff was very professional and friendly. The pool looked great, but we got in too late to use it. The beds are sleep number beds. I didn't find them very comfortable, but I may have not been using them correctly. We purchased the bed and breakfast deal (otherwise the breakfast is not included). The breakfast was fantastic with all you can eat, made to order eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes...fresh fruit, muffins, juice, coffee and more.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently and for posting your comments regarding your stay. Our breakfast chefs do a fantastic job creating a wonderful experience in the morning while preparing daily specials. This week we have chocolate chip pancakes and strawberry crepes. Hopefully next time you visit you can utilize our indoor-outdoor Mediterranean salt water pool. Again, thank you for choosing us as travel took you away from home.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed two nights this past weekend to attend a friend's wedding reception and were very happy with our accomodations. We arrived late Friday and the staff was friendly and check-in was quick and easy. The room was clean and comfortable. We ate breakfast one of the mornings and the service was great. Everyone we talked to was very friendly and the room, lobby, and breakfast area were all very clean and well-maintained. If we returned to the area and needed a place to stay, we would definitely choose this Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
CartersvilleHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently, and I will share your comments with my staff. We all enjoyed hosting the wedding and sharing in that wonderful event with you.

Joshua Morey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cartersville
Hampton Inn Cartersville
Hampton Inn Cartersville
#1 of 23 in Cartersville
Home2 Suites by Hilton Cartersville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cartersville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cartersville
Hampton Inn Emerson LakePoint
Mainstay Suites Cartersville - Emerson Lake Point

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville? Share your experiences!