“Excellent Mexican Food!”

La Vaquerita Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #28 of 166 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 9, 2016

Tucked away in a small strip mall, we were amazed at how good the food was. The homemade chips and salsa were delicious with the salsa having just the right amount of kick. Our dishes were more than ample (serving size); nicely presented and reasonably priced. The carne asada was outstanding. A layer of thin sliced beef; surrounded by homemade guacamole with rice and beans. We recommended La Vaquerita to our relatives who live in the area. They tried and loved it as well. Upon our return trips to Carrollton, it will be definitely be on our list of eateries.

Reviewed March 5, 2016

I have been told by several people that this is one of the best Mexican restaurants in Carrollton, so I finally decided to check it out. Now I am Sold!

This really is the best Mexican restaurant in Carrollton (well food wise anyway. I did not try their drinks.)

The servers were nice and knowledgeable about their menu. The atmosphere was nice and family friendly. And the food was fantastic. Some of the best tacos and chips and dip ever. And they have Mexican Coke in the big glass bottles.

I would highly recommend this place to others.

Reviewed February 23, 2016

The restaurant is celebrating it's 10th anniversary this month and it's not hard to tell why. Fantastic food and service at reasonable cost is the recipe for success here. I always get some combination with the Chiles Rellenos because they are the best here that I've ever had but everything is good.

Reviewed October 26, 2015

The food is great, fresh, and made with love. We've tried most of the tacos, combination plates, kids' plates, and several of the dinner plates and never been disappointed. The soups on weekends are really good, too. It's a pleasure to see the hard working and united family that runs the place and always treats us well.

Reviewed October 7, 2015

Carrollton has a influx of Mexican restuarants. We happened upon this one about a year ago and only go here when we are in the mood for Mexican which is usually once a week! Authentic food and great service. My favorite is the chile rellenos. Have been looking several years for one this good! Love the cheese dip with Halepenos also.