“get there early”

Highland Deli & Grill
Ranked #6 of 158 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Description: A taste o' Scotland and wee bit more... Welcome friends, to the Highland Deli and Grill! Come on in and enjoy a hot lunch with us. Try one of our delicious sandwiches with Boar's Head brand meats and cheeses stacked high on fresh baked bread. We've got pipin' hot soup made fresh every single mornin' and daily specials big enough to fill the belly of a full grown Scottish Coo!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Grill is small so get there early if you want a seat. It will definitely be worth it. Friendly staff and great food. Soups are all made there and are wonderful. Scones melt in your mouth. Great chicken salad. Sampler salad plate has chicken, broccoli, pasta salads with yogurt/fresh fruit. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey. But you won't be disappointed with the food.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was visiting my daughter at the University of West GA when I checked Trip Advisor to see where I should eat lunch. Highland Deli and Grill was first on the list and I can see why! I ordered a half of a chicken salad sandwich on 9 grain. It has nuts, apricots, onions and several other ingredients. I was so impressed, I ordered a pound of it to take home for the weekend. I am a chicken salad snob. I am very particular because I am a culinary teacher and this chicken salad is probably in the top 3 of my favorites. I also ordered broccoli salad, chicken soup and coconut cake for the weekend-all delish! The restaurant is very small and was very crowded. The folks were very nice and answered all my questions. I met a very nice customer there who said she has been going every Friday for the last ten years! I plan on trying the turkey with goat cheese and strawberries next time.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Have eaten several times here and each soup and sandwich was REALLY GOOD! It's just a little pricey but staff friendly and everything I have had was delish. That's saying a lot!

1  Thank L J
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The best Sandwich I have ever had!!! try the Dunbar It Is Very Good..... My Wife And I Eat Here All The Time....

1  Thank dnttrdonme
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ate at the Highland today. But we probably eat there 4-6 times a year. It's just 15 miles from home. I hadn't thought of doing a TripAdvisor review before, but I saw the sticker on their front door today.

The Highland is a small storefront location "on the square" in Carrollton. They serve inside, and weather permitting out on the walkway in front.

My favorite sandwich has always been the Aberdeen Wrap: beef, bacon, and bleu cheese, wrapped in a thin flatbread. Yummy. Today I decided to be adventurous and tried the Welshman. This one is roast beef and provolone, topped with a white sauce and chopped cabbage, panni grilled French bread. I'm guessing I would love any of their sandwiches!!

We definitely recommend for a delicious informal lunch.