“Not up to expectations of an HIE location.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cottage Hill Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
South Fulton, Tennessee
“Not up to expectations of an HIE location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

We have family in the Carrollton area and stay at the HIE when visiting. This last trip we noticed that this location is showing signs of wear and tear and neglect. I am a Platinum Priority Rewards member so I know what to expect at HIE. The shower had mold at the base of the walls at the top of the tub due to poor or bad caulking. Room was not as clean as it should have been.

Room Tip: If I remember correctly this was room 210
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank msmintn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel was confortable, what you would expect, but nothing spectacular. Continental breakfast was good. Hotel is clean and staff in friendly.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ezClaude
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stopped in at 10:15 pm without a reservation during my son's college orientation. I wanted to book my room with my priority club points, however, the guy at the front desk could not check me in using my points, so he directed me around the corner to use their internet in order for me to book my room. I promptly booked my room and was checked in and in my room by 10:30. Boy, what a pleasant surprise? This room reminded me of the Holiday Inn Express Historic District on Bay Street in Savannah! Very Nice, Very Clean! The room and the bathroom were immaculate. I had a good nights sleep, and got up the next morning and went down for the complimentary breakfast before I headed back to the College. Two employees were working the breakfast area, and both of them greeted me, and were very pleasant, and both were busy at work keeping the breakfast area clean and well stocked. I then went to check out, and had yet again a very pleasant employee to help me. My recent stay at this Holiday Inn Express was a refreshing change! It was nice to have such pleasant employees, as well as a nice clean safe place to spend the night. I will always stay at this location while visiting my son in college!

Room Tip: I stayed up on the 4th floor, very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank wrcjr98
925ashleym, Manager at Cottage Hill Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We did have an odor that has been corrected. We have fixed the side door to maintain our safe security. I am so sorry that you had a problem with you air unit we will correct the a/c problems. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing so we can correct these problems for you and returning guest.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

The hotel is clean and all the staff are super friendly/helpful. However, the over powering smell of licorice/peppermint stick/oranges/floral scents all mixed together could cause serious asthmatic issues. I think it's the cleaner/air freshener they use. They let me check in 2 hours early which was awesome. I prefer plush mattresses but if you like firm ones then these beds are for you. I have mixed feelings...not gonna check out but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank foodE4Sure
OHIO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

This is a standard Holiday Inn Express. There's really nothing else to say about it. I stayed in a room with two queen beds, fairly normal bathroom, microwave, fridge, and desk. There was nothing that I could tell was any different from any other Holiday Inn Express. Perhaps it had a little more room than some. I don't know.

The breakfast was fine. The coffee was decent. Dining area was a little small. Staff was great. Offered free cookies.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ms28
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

I arrived at the hotel saturday my check in was great the girl at the front desk was awesome during my stay for 3 days was good the breakfast ladies was awesome nice to me and my children everything was ok till it was time to check out! my daughter was packing up her things in their room and had some towels in her hand then a house keeper asked her was she stealing the towels man was i upset instead of talking to me her mother she was harrassing my 11 year old child my child do not steal!!! she had a hand full of wet towels she was trying to help the hosekeepers out by bringing the towels to them we had two rooms and we put towels outside the door every night we was there so to assume that my child was stealing is aweful please be aware of this staff here i was so hurt and disappointed that my child had to go throgh this!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mommy459

Travelers are raving about these Carrollton hotels

Douglas, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bremen which is about 15 minutes north of Carrollton, but they were booked and I was going to stay at the one in Carrollton to take advantage of the current promotion of stay two nights get a night free deal. I was first suprised that I pay less in Bremen for a new hotel as opposed to the old outdated hotel in Carrollton that is in bad need of an update. The staff is polite and the location is good, other than that the good qualities are about summed up. When I arrived it was cold (low 30's) and when I got into my room the Heater was off and it felt like 30 degrees in my room also. I'm a Platinum Priority Club member and upset they could not go and turn on the heater before my arrival to heat up the room. It is now almost 2 hours later since I arrived and it is still cold in the room and the old ac/heat unit that is rusty and looks like it needs replacing still has not warmed up the room. There are stains on some of the furniture, spider webs in the ceiling, television is old, internet is slow, and I'm hoping I don't have any critters hiding anywhere. I highly recommend staying at the Bremen location if you want to stay at a Holiday Inn property in the area and not stay here and if you want to stay in Carrollton stay at the Jameson Inn which is cheaper and better. This is not my first time here either. I stayed here a little over a year ago and I would give it an average rating then, but it has definitely took a turn for the worse (or at least the room they put me in has). I may have to sleep in my jacket tonight, if my room does not warm up so wish me luck I don't get sick.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business