“New, clean, skip breakfast”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Carrollton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A very nice, new and clean hotel. Quiet location in the back of a Big Lots shopping center. Hotel walls are thick enough to block conversation but not TV noise. Breakfast is certainly skimpy and needs improvement. This is the best value acceptable motel in Carrollton. Lower price than Hampton Inn or HI Express and much better than driving to and from the I-20 corridor in Villa Rica. Family friendly with indoor pool. Suite is a plus.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Seems like a new hotel or else a good remodel. Our only complaint was the place has no elevator and we had to lug a lot of stuff upstairs. The breakfast offerings are the bare minimum but not a problem for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

On our trip back to Texas we were driving late at night and called the wonderful people at Best Western Carrollton and they had 3 clean, comfortable rooms waiting for us to drop in to. Great night sleep. Yummy waffle and coffee. Friendly faces to help us on our way. We would definitely come back to this Best Western the next time we are in Georgia!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked 9 rooms for a softball tournament, gave address, credit card info, etc. Was told they would email me my confirmation number. Man calls back to tell me that it won't let him put in the price of $79.99 a night. He would have to charge me $89.99 a night instead. When I questioned why the rate changed, he then told me that he didn't have 9 rooms anymore. He then told me, when I was arguing with him about it, that I should look for a different hotel, I said no, I need those rooms and he then asked me what my confirmation number was. I said I don't know because you never emailed it to me. Then he hung up on me. After going through customer relations, because he never emailed me my confirmation number, they went against the customer and said there wasnt anything they could do for me.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
3  Thank karbearplayer
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My company recently opened a facility in Carrollton and I just completed a nine (9) week stay at the Best Western here. I had the option to change hotels, as my company allows. I opted to remain here for the reasons above, plus the staff could not have been more accomodating. Should my travels bring me back to Carrolton, this will be my choice again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was very comfortable, quiet and I felt very safe.... I travel alone a lot and safe is my main concern these days... the bed was accommodating. the hotel provides wi-fi for free and a great breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I thought it was good until I filled out the survey that I was sent by the best western corporate about my stay. I was honest. The hotel seemed a little outdated. It had a flat panel tv, but not the newer LCD, just a flat screen on a tv. You probably remember those from a few years back. The hotel is 2 story, but didn't have an elevator.....bags up a flight of stairs.

Check-in was smooth. Sign here, sign there. Done.

The beds were comfortable. TV worked fine. Phone worked between 2 rooms.

I filled in the survey and indicated that breakfast would have been nice and that the hotel seemed outdated and in need of a facelift. I got a response from the manager that seemed mad in tone saying that I just checked out and the breakfast was in the room behind me. He also said that the hotel was not out of date because it had just been built in 2006.

It would have been nice to be told about breakfast at check-in!

If they didn't want honesty, then they shouldn't have sent me a survey!

I love the Best Western brand and currently sit at Diamond status with them. Their highest reward level. I travel every month for at least a week. I'm no hotel rookie. This place ranked ok to good until I got the survey response. Now it's poor because of attitude.

• Stayed: November 2012