“Great food & really nice staff - try the shrimp cocktail!”

La Salsa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 156 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 31, 2012

So glad I finally tried La Salsa - if you like shrimp - get the shrimp cocktail - a slightly sweet / tangy Mexican flair including cilantro & avocado - not your normal shrimp & cocktail sauce. REALLY good.

I had the spicy burrito (chicken) and loved it. Definitely enough food - and priced right. The guacamole isn't perfect (I grew up in Cali, though, so I am pretty picky about guac) - but it IS the best I've had so far in Carrollton - it's worth it. :)

My brother/sister-in-law got the combo fajitas and said it was overall pretty tasty. A bit of the onions/peppers were over-caramelized and stuck to the pan, but, if that's the only bad thing - it can't really count as a complaint. :)

Really friendly service - they treat you like your friends and are all always smiling and quick to come over if they see you looking - even if it's not their table.

Also - get a coupon from Restaurant.com before you go and you save some $$!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Their chicken soup with rice and avocado is loaded with chicken. It's the perfect answer to a cold, damp day.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I go here for trivia every other Wednesday night, and the trivia is great. The food is also really good, and the servers are great about getting you exactly what you want. I love the fish tacos, and the chicken burritos. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is sometimes it's hard to get the waiter's attention for refills of soda/chips/salsa, and it gets so packed that they can't get around as often as you might want. But the servers themselves are great, because they're quick to get you what you need once you do get them.

1  Thank LA D
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Overall we experienced excellent results with multiple entrée choices on two separate occasions. There are at least two choices for spicy salsa. The one first served was great but with a sharp kick at the end. We were four on the two visits, and two of us wanted a milder salsa and were accommodated! The unit provides very reasonable prices on both food and alcohol items. The service was lacking on our first visit but the second time we had an excellent waiter. On the whole, I fully recommend La Salsa near downtown Carrollton!

1  Thank idemandthebest
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Out of all the Mexican restaurants in Carrollton - this one is our FAVE - we do love the food - but the customer service is the BEST!! My 4 children all love it too! They are not a huge location - but do offer outdoor seating as well and a little fire outside in a fenced area. Have some nights trivia ect. We are "regulars" and they treat us like "family" The owner is kind and caring to the needs of his customers. Prices are fair - portions are good!

1  Thank MySouthernCharm

Been to La Salsa Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!