“It was a bit better when it was a Jameson Inn”

Quality Inn - Carrollton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for the first time since the brand change this past week and can say it seems to have taken a step back. Not a lot, but the friendliness and cleanliness I was use to is not as good. I checked in late and had to check in through a window from the outside as the lobby was closed. I never had to check in from the outside when it was a Jameson Inn. Just gives you an eerie feeling like it isn't safe or something. My room was pretty good, the only thing was the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should have been. There were smudges where an older towel or dirty towel was used to wipe it down and I found a couple small bugs in the air conditioning unit when I went to turn it on. Looked like super small spiders, but that didn't bother me too much. TV was good Fridge was in the room and cold and the water is definitely hot so don't burn yourself. I didn't eat the complementary breakfast as I was craving IHOP and ate there instead. I will return, but wish they would do just a little extra to stay on top of the little things. I actually prefer it being a Quality Inn over a Jameson as now I can earn points whereas I couldn't with Jameson. Lastly the price has increased. When it was a Jameson I would pay on average $50 to $55 a night, but now it is about $15 to $20 more depending on options you have and rooms they have available. There is also no elevator at this hotel if that is important for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn - Carrollton

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have stayed here before when we had to be in this town. This time, the staff were as usual very accommodating and nice and the hotel was booked solid. The only problems are with the outdated rooms and bathrooms. They really need some updated bath tubs, without marks and scratches, and to hang their mirrors more securely. Other than that we enjoyed our stay and like being there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kimmieSC
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Found this place by accident. It was originally a B&B and has recently been converted to a small boutique style hotel. The rooms are clean and very quiet, lots of variety in the continetal breakfast, microwave and small refrigerator in the rooms. The hotel is nicely maintained and decorated and the staff is personable and helpful.
The room rates are especially reasonable.
The only negative is the beds are a little hard.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently visited Carrollton, GA for work and honestly picked this place because my usual chain hotel was booked up. If all Quality Inns were as warm and friendly as this place, I would be switching my loyalty. Also the room was very clean which is really what most people want anyway. The Breakfast in the morning was not expansive, but more than adequate. My only complaint would be both coffee pots were empty but I was down a little later than the many early risers. My room was also facing one of the main roads through Carrollton, which gives easy access to the hotel and to the town from the hotel, but was a bit on the noisy side. I think rooms facing the inner courtyard area would be much quieter. There is also a lovely walking path that runs behind the hotel and gives easy access to the neighboring Tanner hospital. Carrollton Holiday Inn, watch your back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank finlanderfromfulton
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel has just changed to the Quality Inn. The rooms are very nice and comfortable! The breakfast area and offerings are also very good. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful sharing information as needed. The location is near many restaurants and shopping as well as the historic old town area of Carrollton. I will gladly return to this hotel when visiting the area in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moose58colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Business took us to West Georgia University in Carrollton, GA, and we stayed at the Jameson Inn in Carrollton. Only one of us was working, so the rest of the family (one adult, two kids) tagged along for the ride and moral support.

We got a room with two twin beds. Room was on the small side for 4 people, especially the bathroom, but it was fairly clean and in pretty good order. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Good location, walking distance (15 min) from historic downtown and close to the University, and there's a Wahlgreens right next to the motel.

Free WiFi seemed to be working intermittent, but once connected it was good enough for checking mail and googling stuff.

My rating was leaning towards 3/5, but the complimentary breakfast tipped it over to 4/5. Nice bagels and waffels always wins me over.

Room Tip: If you decide to live here when visiting Carrollton, ask for a room away from the South Park Street...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I can say two nice things about this hotel hotel:

1) I did not get shot, mugged, or otherwise killed while staying here
2) The free breakfast includes fresh made-by-yourself waffles

Everything else is a bust. As a warm-up, I reserved a non-smoking room yet they only had smoking rooms left when I arrived. Ugh. All rooms had outside doors; the facility was full of loud activity from construction guys drinking beer in the parking lot to kids swimming in the pool to road noise on the main drag.

The room itself was pretty dirty and nasty. I've certainly stayed at more than my share of crummy hotels -- many nastier than this one. Yet I also don't expect to pay top dollar in the market and end up with dirt. The Super 8 in town was half the cost of this hotel; I would guess it would have been cleaner.

The deferred maintenance on the room was obvious. Lots of dents/holes in the wall, burn spots in the carpet, cracked molding on door where someone had kicked it in, nasty goo in shower, etc.

The Internet connection was slower than dial-up.

Bed: One word: Sucked.

I won't stay here ever again. For the same price the Holiday Inn Express on the south end of town is much better. I will also try the Best Western to see if it is better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business