“Friendly service and clean rooms count for a lot.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn - Carrollton

Quality Inn - Carrollton
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
South Bend, IN
“Friendly service and clean rooms count for a lot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently visited Carrollton, GA for work and honestly picked this place because my usual chain hotel was booked up. If all Quality Inns were as warm and friendly as this place, I would be switching my loyalty. Also the room was very clean which is really what most people want anyway. The Breakfast in the morning was not expansive, but more than adequate. My only complaint would be both coffee pots were empty but I was down a little later than the many early risers. My room was also facing one of the main roads through Carrollton, which gives easy access to the hotel and to the town from the hotel, but was a bit on the noisy side. I think rooms facing the inner courtyard area would be much quieter. There is also a lovely walking path that runs behind the hotel and gives easy access to the neighboring Tanner hospital. Carrollton Holiday Inn, watch your back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank finlanderfromfulton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel has just changed to the Quality Inn. The rooms are very nice and comfortable! The breakfast area and offerings are also very good. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful sharing information as needed. The location is near many restaurants and shopping as well as the historic old town area of Carrollton. I will gladly return to this hotel when visiting the area in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moose58colorado
Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Business took us to West Georgia University in Carrollton, GA, and we stayed at the Jameson Inn in Carrollton. Only one of us was working, so the rest of the family (one adult, two kids) tagged along for the ride and moral support.

We got a room with two twin beds. Room was on the small side for 4 people, especially the bathroom, but it was fairly clean and in pretty good order. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Good location, walking distance (15 min) from historic downtown and close to the University, and there's a Wahlgreens right next to the motel.

Free WiFi seemed to be working intermittent, but once connected it was good enough for checking mail and googling stuff.

My rating was leaning towards 3/5, but the complimentary breakfast tipped it over to 4/5. Nice bagels and waffels always wins me over.

Room Tip: If you decide to live here when visiting Carrollton, ask for a room away from the South Park Street...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I can say two nice things about this hotel hotel:

1) I did not get shot, mugged, or otherwise killed while staying here
2) The free breakfast includes fresh made-by-yourself waffles

Everything else is a bust. As a warm-up, I reserved a non-smoking room yet they only had smoking rooms left when I arrived. Ugh. All rooms had outside doors; the facility was full of loud activity from construction guys drinking beer in the parking lot to kids swimming in the pool to road noise on the main drag.

The room itself was pretty dirty and nasty. I've certainly stayed at more than my share of crummy hotels -- many nastier than this one. Yet I also don't expect to pay top dollar in the market and end up with dirt. The Super 8 in town was half the cost of this hotel; I would guess it would have been cleaner.

The deferred maintenance on the room was obvious. Lots of dents/holes in the wall, burn spots in the carpet, cracked molding on door where someone had kicked it in, nasty goo in shower, etc.

The Internet connection was slower than dial-up.

Bed: One word: Sucked.

I won't stay here ever again. For the same price the Holiday Inn Express on the south end of town is much better. I will also try the Best Western to see if it is better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dshaver

Travelers are raving about these Carrollton hotels

Plainview, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had problems before I got to town, by accidentally booking this hotel thru a 3rd party service which didn't identify itself. The Jameson Inn manager called me and helped get this reservation cancelled so I could book directly thru the hotel. When I arrived, I asked for her so I could thank her, and she came out from behind the counter, gave me a big hug, and said, "Welcome to Carrollton." The hotel itself was fine, except one night the bed was a little mushy. The 2nd stay (separated by a few days) was better. The breakfast room didn't have decaf. Otherwise, I was a happy camper.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JamesonCarrollton, General Manager at Quality Inn - Carrollton, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Hi Erica D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us and decided to come back a second time. I hope that we can accomodate you again sometime in the near future. I'll be waiting with a big smile and a hug to "Welcome you back to Carrollton!"

See you soon,
Laura Armstrong-GM
Ellijay, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed twice at this hotel in a two week period. It isn't the Ritz, but doesn't carry the price tag, either. Eventhough it appeared to be an older property, the rooms were large and very clean. I was concerned about the number of out of town working crews who were staying there also, but it turned out to be very quiet both times. I will be back in Carrollton next week and will stay there again. The pool is small but clean and a nice place to sit and have your morning coffee. The only negative comment I have is the breakfast is for the birds...plan on eating breakfast at a nearby restaruant.

Room Tip: Stay in the rear building away from the main road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom A
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked through Priceline using their name your own price tool and that was my first mistake. This hotel is rated a two start but I would rate it a 1. Upon arrival we were shocked to see this was not a hotel but a motel. We did not have any other choice but to stay since Priceline would not give us a refund. After the first night we woke up to find BED BUGS!!!!!!! We were horrified, after informing the staff we were shocked when they were upset with us as if we did something wrong. They offered us another room in a different part of the motel. While away from the room I get a call from my husband saying he found another bug. After researching the type of bug online with his phone he discovered it was not a bed bug again. Weeks later my husband informed me that on our last night when he opened the fridge in the room it contained a huge cockroach!!!!! I will never book through Priceline name your own price again and I will never stay at this place again. Horrible service and horrible rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jennifer D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#6 of 9 in Carrollton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#4 of 9 in Carrollton
Hampton Inn Bremen-I-20 (Carrollton Area)

Been to Quality Inn - Carrollton? Share your experiences!