“Not too bad”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
Ellijay, Georgia
“Not too bad”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed twice at this hotel in a two week period. It isn't the Ritz, but doesn't carry the price tag, either. Eventhough it appeared to be an older property, the rooms were large and very clean. I was concerned about the number of out of town working crews who were staying there also, but it turned out to be very quiet both times. I will be back in Carrollton next week and will stay there again. The pool is small but clean and a nice place to sit and have your morning coffee. The only negative comment I have is the breakfast is for the birds...plan on eating breakfast at a nearby restaruant.

Room Tip: Stay in the rear building away from the main road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked through Priceline using their name your own price tool and that was my first mistake. This hotel is rated a two start but I would rate it a 1. Upon arrival we were shocked to see this was not a hotel but a motel. We did not have any other choice but to stay since Priceline would not give us a refund. After the first night we woke up to find BED BUGS!!!!!!! We were horrified, after informing the staff we were shocked when they were upset with us as if we did something wrong. They offered us another room in a different part of the motel. While away from the room I get a call from my husband saying he found another bug. After researching the type of bug online with his phone he discovered it was not a bed bug again. Weeks later my husband informed me that on our last night when he opened the fridge in the room it contained a huge cockroach!!!!! I will never book through Priceline name your own price again and I will never stay at this place again. Horrible service and horrible rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Jennifer D

Travelers are raving about these Carrollton hotels

North, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2012

stayed 3 nights here, room was clean and quite felt safe, grounds were very well kept, staff was friendly and accomodating to the needs of me and my canine companion. There is a nice little walking trail behind the hotel and plenty of resturants nearby

Room Tip: requested and got 1st floor drive-up, room was next to breezway and ice machine but that was not a p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The Jameson Inn in Carrollton, GA made every effort to make the cast and crew of "Georgia Justice" welcome. They went beyond normal customer service: Jameson Inn, Carrollton allowed several of the actors to stay in the hotel lobby and breakroom for hours while we waited to be called back to the set, even though we had already checked out of our rooms.

We were offered a fresh pot of coffee, and we were told that it was nice to have company. This is exemplary customer service.

We were also told that we were part of the Jameson family. What a great family to claim as
my own!! Gracious, warm-hearted people!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Marilyn L
Algonquin, Illinois
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was in town for the Thanksgiving holiday to visit my mom. My husband and I drove from Illinois. I just wanted to recognize a young lady by the name of Leann, who assisted me with checkout. She went above and beyond her required responsibilities to provide excellent customer service. She deserves recognition for her kindness and understanding. Thank you

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheila C
JamesonCarrollton, Manager at Quality Inn - Carrollton, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent customer service experience with me! As you saw first hand with my employee, LeAnn, we strive to be dedicated to excellence....and I am so happy it shows! Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs the next time you are in town.
Alberta
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Standard motel - fairly modest, but the accommodations were clean and comfortable. The room was larger than I expected, which was nice. The bed was good, and no evidence of bed bugs - I had a good, long look to be sure. Very quiet at night, too. You get a bit of traffic noise, but not much. Wifi is free (hurray!) and the connection was excellent.

The staff are quite friendly, and gave me some good advice on places to eat. The inn does offer a continental breakfast in the morning - cereal, toast, oatmeal, waffles (!), coffee, juice, and biscuits and grits. The coffee was excellent and plentiful...just what I needed!

One thing that was especially surprising: the water pressure is excellent, and the hot water is incredibly abundant. I know it sounds a bit silly, but a good shower after a long day of flights and connecting flights is a real luxury.

As an aside - if you are staying at the Jameson, try Billy Bob's BBQ. It's about two blocks away (the staff can give you directions). There aren't very many sidewalks in the area, but it's a quick trip and well worth it. The staff recommended it to me, and the food is amazing.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about how much you enjoyed your stay! You are right ,a good bed, a good shower with an abundant of hot water, and good water pressure can be a real luxury. I am happy we had all of these for you. Free Wifi with excellent connection and great food only a couple of blocks away only adds real luxury without the luxury prices. We look forward to seeing you again.
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel was obviously a little older, but it was clean and just right for an overnight stay while visiting Univ. of West Ga. The included breakfast was basic, but again, this is not a high dollar luxury hotel. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend asking for a room toward the back, as the rooms on the front are facing the road, although the noise wasn't too bad and didn't disrupt our sleep. If I were to stay overnight in Carrollton again, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JamesonCarrollton, General Manager at Quality Inn - Carrollton, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your comments from your visit to Carrollton, Georgia. I am thrilled to know my team took care of your lodgings needs when I was away. Your post is appreciated and confirms that my team is always dedicated to excellence in every aspect of our guest's experience.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs when you pass our way again!

Thanks again for sharing!
Laura Armstrong