“Do Not Stay at the Great Western Inn”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Great Western Inn Carrollton
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Carrollton
Atlanta, Georgia
“Do Not Stay at the Great Western Inn”
Reviewed February 27, 2009

One time when I was in Carrollton, I was required to stay at a hotel because of a late night assignment I had to finish at work. When looking around at hotels for Carrollton, I was considering spending the night at the Great Western Inn in Carrollton. When I drove around the parking lot, I knew that instant that this was not a good hotel to spend the night at. The hotel was not in a safe location, the parking lot was run down, the rooms from the outside did not look that they were safe. I saw a door open and from my car window, I saw that the room did not look clean and the curtains looked old and needed to be replace.

Although the Great Western Inn has hotel prices for $40 a night, I suggest that you spend more money and spend the night at one of the more quality hotels in Carrollton. These hotels include the Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn and the Jameson Inn and if you are on a bugdet, drive north on U.S. 27/Park Street for 30 minutes to the Microtel Inn or the Days Inn in Bremen.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
7 Thank SETraveler2012

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed July 7, 2008

This was one of the dirtiest run down hotels I have ever stayed in for the money. I was referred by my perspective work place because of the price. Should have known then that the company was cheap LOL. The continental breakfast was some stale donuts and old cereal. The only way I would stay there again is if there were too many people sleeping under the bridge on Route 27. The staff was rude and seemed to not care about the guest.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Staying there
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank BrightonMan_8

Travelers are raving about these Carrollton hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 21, 2008

After a "hard day" of working at my dad's farm in Bowdon, Ga. (building a new farm house) - We needed a place for my family to have a hot shower and get a comfortable night's sleep..... we checked into the Great Western Inn in Carrollton, Ga. We were disappointed from the time that we stepped into the room. The stale & musty smell in the room was almost unbearable. There was no handle on the "cold" faucet on the sink - we had to brush our teeth with hot water! The towels were dingy & didn't "feel clean". The shower & toilet looked dirty. The carpet was not trimmed out (it was just cut & laid in place). The power button on the TV was broken. Everything in the room was in need of being replaced the beds, pillows, microwave, TV, air conditioning unit, the fixture that you hang your clothes on was rusty, the safe had been written on with markers, the paint was chipped on the trim/door/wall, etc.
My family and I just felt as if the room just wasn't clean and we really felt uneasy about staying there! The whole experience was NOT good! I would have been better off having my family sleep outside! I will NOT ever stay there or even another "Great Western" again. My husband was thinking that they were renovating the hotel/motel - if this is the case, they don't need to rent out rooms that are NOT ready! We only paid $45.00 for the night , I guess we got what we paid for! I can offically say that "I've now stayed in a dump"!

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family