“Great food, fun atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Irish Bred Pub
Ranked #8 of 148 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The setting is so cool on the Carrollton Square. Never had a bad meal whether it be take out or dine in. Lucky to have this restaurant in our small college town.

Visited December 2013

Niantic,Illinois
“Exactly what I wanted!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband & I stopped in The Irish Bred Pub in Carrollton, Ga, for lunch, while on vacation from IL, 2/9/14. We walked in to the restaurant and were not greeted by a hostess, even though there was a sign that read, "Please wait to be seated". We stood patiently for a few minutes, waiting, as the sign directed us to do, and finally a waitress(?) from near the bar took notice and came to seat us. We were not bothered by the wait, as we were on vacation and were in absolutely no hurry at all! ( I only mention it, because there are those who would be bothered by this). We were led to a large wooden booth, with the widest table top either of us have ever seen. We were very far apart! :) Our waitress, Savannah (very good waitress and very accommodating) came to take our order, and we started with the Maytag chips. Oh my word! Like kettle chips? Like blue cheese? These are a must try! I could have just eaten a plate of the chips by myself and been completely satisfied. However, I did not stop there!! I ordered the Tipperary Burger..a large beef burger topped with mushrooms, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion (opt). I had seen a chicken sandwich on the menu that had avocado ranch dressing, so I asked if I could have the dressing put on my burger, and they were more than happy to do so. And, I asked for my burger to be cooked to medium rare..Now I have to say, that I very rarely get what I order, it is usually medium at best, but I was pleasantly surprised to cut into my burger and find a perfectly medium rare burger, laden with ooey gooey swiss cheese and mushrooms!!! Now for the taste...looks great. How does it taste? PHENOMENAL!!! Not over or under seasoned..JUST PERFECT!!! I do not eat a lot of food normally, but I ate half of that burger in one sitting. I also had it the next day for lunch, & it was still amazing! My husband also enjoyed his food, but he can write his own review, because I was too busy enjoying my perfectly cooked burger to even ask him how his tasted, nor did I, as I usually do, even attempt to taste his food!! :) If you are in the area and looking for some good food, made the way you want and won't break the bank, you really should give The Irish Bred Pub a try!! Well done Chad Houck!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank cruzediva
Dallas, Georgia
“Its as good, as an Irish Pub you will find in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Having eaten in Irish Pubs & restaurants all over Europe & the US, its not the best. Walking in, I didn't feel like, I was in a Irish joint in Galway or Kilkenny. But, for western Ga., its does have some Irish meals & beer. I had the Irish Stew (Beef not lamb), it was good.

If you are looking for Irish, this is Georgia Irish, not straight from the Old Country. But, as good as it gets. Might have been better, if they had some music at lunch. Took sometime for our meals to arrive. I made a head call & seen them both waiting on deck for a pick up, our wait was talking to a guy that came in. If you are looking for Irish in Carrolittan, you might as well stop in. Give it a try.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Leesburg, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beer and service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I have been making regular trips up to Highland Park to ride dirt bikes. Carrolton is about a 40min ride from there. We have been to the pub three times now and each time the staff was great and the food yummy. We look forward to it each time we visit.

Bremen, Georgia
“18th Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I visited IPB a few weeks ago on our 18th anniversary. It was our first time there so we asked the waitress what she eats there. All recommended items were great. Fish and Chips is a must do right and it was. Freindly service, quick attention and great food. We sat inside to keep an eye on the US Open on one of the many TV's. We almost sat outside to eat and watch the square though. We will be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Irish Bred Pub? Share your experiences!