“Buffet”

Petro Iron Skillet
Bellvue, South Carolina, United States
“Buffet”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I always enjoy the buffet at this location. There is also many stores inside, a theatre, and some other stuff to do while killing time and stretching you legs.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeremy T

Atlanta, Georgia
“Steak is Steak!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I saw the billboard on 85 advertising their 16 oz Rib Eye for $9.99 and thought it was a "catch". Thing is there isn't (except for the cost of drinks being so high) but that's in relation to the steak.

Steak wasn't super fancy but it was good enough.

Great deal. Wish more places offered it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Simon R
Milton, Kentucky
“Iron Skillet now Patriot Farms”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Hard times have hit again. Petro is now Flying J and Iron Skillet is now Patriot Farms. 20 ounce $9.99 ribeye is now 16 ounce ribeye. Any trucker knows meals at truck stop buffets come with salad bar. Not this one. The waitress called it marketing. I call it deceptive but they didn't ask me before they did it so my guess is they don't care what I think. Take the plunge, get the steak without the salad. Very tasty and quite filling. Just don't tell me this is the wave of the future for truckstops. Truckers are a captive consumer and they make plenty off us with $3.00 for a quart of milk that they don't need to and won't miss a salad from the salad bar. Just my opinion.

2 Thank RSV5100
Alabama
“A surprise”
Reviewed June 20, 2007

OK this is a restaurant in a truck stop, more specifically the Petro truck stop on I-85 in Carnesville GA not a fancy white table cloth establishment.. My wife and I stopped there more as a joke last year when traveling through to go to North Carolina. We did not want a standard chain, and had passed most of the restaurants and it was after 10pm anyway. We had been seeing the signs for the 20 oz. ribeye steak for $9.99 and thought we would see what kind of shoe leather they would be serving. For 9.99 I was expecting the worst. Much to my great surprise, the steak was not a paper thin tough piece of meat. It was thick, had a very good flavor, was cooked perfectly the way I like it , and was not tough. I was shocked. My wife got fried cod and it was excellent. We have eaten there several times now and have always had good food at reasonable prices. The wait staff has always been friendly, courteous, and helpful. They still have the 20 oz.9.99 ribeye which comes with your choice of potato. You can add the salad bar for 2.49.

The last time through, I had the chicken(country) fried steak. This was also very good came with potato and salad bar for about 8 bucks. If you are really hungry they have a larger version with two pieces of the steak for a dollar more, but it was work to try and finish the one(I didn't). My wife had the grilled chicken and it was as good as most chain and more expensive eateries serve. The apple pie was a standard canned apple filling thick crust type. This was the only thing I wouldn't recommend. Again the staff was pleasent and helpful.

2 Thank Trav55