“Unexpectedly good!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Nashville, TN
“Unexpectedly good!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been here 3 times, while visiting friends. I was really taken with some unusual but delicious toppings, like green tomatoes and artichoke hearts on our pie. Owner is a great guy, with reason to be proud of his restaurant. It's not super-fancy, but it's a really good spot. Service can be a tad slow when they're busy, but it's worth the wait. I have threatened to kidnap the owner, and force him to open a place in TN. So far, no luck...but if you visit here, you'll understand why.

Please note that I'm fairly particular about food, and I found it very easy to give them "two thumbs up". Wish I had more thumbs.

Visited December 2012

Barney, GA
“A little bit of everything”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

First time eating at a Johnny's and it was really good. More like a sports bar with all the tv's and bar area. The menu was great, so much to chose from. Everything from the waitress, food and atmosphere was great.

Visited October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good Italian and generous portions”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I heard the pizza was pretty good, but I opted for Spaghetti and Italian Sausage and my son ordered the Meat Calzone. First off, I really like the way they make everything fresh. My spaghetti was slow getting to me and I was told they overcooked my pasta. I appreciate that rather than serve me overcooked pasta and potentially lose a customer forever, they admitted the mistake and provided me a proper meal. Which it was. The sauce was as I understand, traditional in that it was not heavily "saucy". It was small chunks of tomato, herbs, and a touch of garlic and olive oil, which I also appreciate since I hate the repeating italian dinner, which this was not. Sausage was also prepared halved and grilled. Very tasty and again, not over garlic-ee. My son, who we affectionately refer to as "Jethro" is not quite into rating food other than, "I like it". He's more into quantity, which worked well in this visit with his Calzone...it was huge and again, made fresh. Watched them toss and stretch the dough. How huge was it? He couldn't finish it, which I never seen him sit down to anything he couldn't conquer.
In summary, dont expect much to any atmosphere, this is a place to get pizza, beer, various specialty italian dishes, and appears to be family friendly. Service was very friendly and accomodating and they did in fact extend garlic bread as a pacifier for the late meal, so they know how to take care of a customer. $19 for our order, so not terribly pricey either. You wont be disappointed based upon my experience, just dont expect Valenza.

• Visited October 2012
Canton, Georgia
“Take out type pizza”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Tastes like tomato paste on a biscut type dough. This was not what we were after.

Belle Center, Ohio
“For the pizza lover”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Huge, heavy pizza for a hearty appetite. Cost was reasonable. Location was easy to find and access. Call ahead and food will be ready as you arrive.

Visited July 2011