“Nasty.. Hope the go out of business.. Avoid like the Plague !!!”
Review of Rainbow Asia

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rainbow Asia
Ranked #76 of 179 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Second visit worst than first. Typical lame quickie Chinese slop... Got some take out Curry chicken... absolutely abysmal worst ever in history of mankind. TV dinners are better. Cashew chicken was like sewage disposal mixed with toxic waste, But with more MSG.. Avoid this place and hopefully they will go out of business, so a real Asian restaurant can take over. You have been Warned.. Stay Away !!! Frozen Chinese tv dinners are better.. Good Luck !!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Living in Canton, I was delighted to discover a hibachi restaurant that delivered- and had decent online reviews! I immediately called them up to order dinner- HIBACHI steak & chicken, fried rice, lo mein noodles (Dianne took our phone order). 1st delivery attempt produced soggy steamed/microwaved (read non-hibachi style) plate, with no fried rice at all. I called Diane back, she sent someone back out with the fried rice, but couldn't reach the driver to have him go back for grilled/hibachi chicken & shrimp combo as I ordered. Driver arrives with fried rice & I explain the situation about the entree order being wrong. He proceedes to get back in his car, call the restaurant, and YELL at the top of his voice, obviously chewing someone out. 2 and a half hours later, my corrected entree arrives. $30 wasted for the last time...

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have placed delivery orders from rainbow Asia from 3 years and have had fantastic food. Our first experience dinning in was terrible! I (and even my 2 and 5 yr old) immedialty noticed the Sour dirty smell in the air, as did the couple seated beside us. The bathrooms smell even worse , like urine :(( .
Service: We were upset to find 15 mins after placing our order that they were out of Chicken on a stick and cucumber salad (my kids favorite chinese meal) . I ordered Thai ICED tea, which was served so HOT that even by adding ice throughout dinner, I still couldn't drink it. Another waste of 2 dollars. Our sushi appetizer came out 15 mins after our meal (which also had no cucumber as it should have) . Rainbow Asia -6
The Food: the coconut soup and Masaman curry were delightful. Rainbow Asia +1
The Result:
Unfortunately we will not return or suggest this restaurant based on the sanitation, and lack of staple food items. We should have trusted our nose from the beginning!
Oh- and the sign says HIBACHI & SUSHI.
THERE IS NO HIBACHI!!!!!!!
Another -1 for the Rainbow Asia :((

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I followed the owners of this place from their original home on Town Lake. I liked their food and the level of service.
Really nice combo plates for dinner (their value plates) complete with soup and egg roll. Nice selection and a great value. Off the value menu, lots of selections including fresh cooked hibachi fare - also very good. They have a nice little sushi bar and run weekly specials. Linda does a good job keeping the place neat and clean. Really good hot and sour soup and tasty pan fried pot stickers. I love the Mongolian Chicken and their sesame chicken. Family friendly place.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my second encounter and neglected to review my first so I will combine both here. My first take out experience I ordered General Tso's chicken and Shrimp Toast. Excellent food quality and seasoning with a nice "kick" to it, but honestly, the Shrimp Toast was even better!! Note that the shrimp toast portions are somewhat small, but this is likely due to the fact that they aren't using imitation shimp and it comes through in the quality. Next, I ordered the Pad Thai and once again I was very pleased with the overall quality using nice sized shrimp and properly cooked white meat chicken and a flavorful and balanced peanut sauce. Noodles were cooked to perfection and as with the first time I ordered, a very generous portion that could easily feed two. Of course, I had shrimp toast, again!!
You will NOT be disappointed if you order here. Nice, friendly people there, too.