“Little worried about a Best Western but this turned out just fine”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Canton
“Little worried about a Best Western but this turned out just fine”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have jaded images of best westerns from childhood but this was a great business hotel especially being a holiday inn/Marriott snob on business. We had no choice as our local warehouse manager recommended it and we did not want to go against local knowledge. Check in was easy. Lobby was a little dated but when I got to the room I was pleasantly surprised with a king bed, large room and clean bathroom. The AC was good although the room was hot when I arrived and took some time to cool down. Internet was fast and there is a workout room but I failed to inspect it. Obviously not the swankiest place I stayed but a great value and perfectly good alternative to Holiday inn or Marriott properties.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank John L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

As I travel many weeks of the year for my job, I've come to know what true customer service is. This hotel was awesome and it had great customer service along with great rates. The hotel was clean and very comfortable just like our room. I had the privilege of meeting Brandy Gaddis, the hotels manager. She always make sure our visits are nothing less than stellar. All of the hotel staff was kind and considerate. Brandy had ensured all of her employees are up to her standards. There isn't one negative thing I could say. Brandy, than you for all you do!

Mary Ann Bolognese

Room Tip: We always stay in a king suite at this location so there's more than enough room for everyone.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MaryAnn1022
BW11200, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest ,

Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share your experience with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured, that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure best service, Quality and warm welcome for your next visit. Be informed, that we will enhance our Pool area in coming Days for even better experience. All the best and see you soon!

Best regards,

Ken Jayswal - General Manager
Best western Mountain Villa Inn and Suites
Canton, GA 30114 Ph: (770) 345-6800
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but felt the need to for this hotel.

The room was fine, but the staff made the stay unpleasant.

When I arrived I told them I had a reservation and my name. Instead of checking their computer, the desk clerk started questioning when I had made the reservation, then chided me for arriving a day late (which I had already paid for without using). The next day I approached a different desk clerk, but couldn't get her attention because she was on her phone. Turned out she was talking to her family about how tired she was. As soon as a hotel manager walked in she immediately hung up and jumped up.

When you are tired from traveling, you want staff to respond with a minimal level of courtesy.

They have a breakfast, but the juice machine was broken and the waffle batter was so watery that waffles were gooey.

Much more poorly run than the usual chain hotels where I stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank customer838

Travelers are raving about these Canton hotels

Lancaster, PA
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice hotel in a great location close to many restaurants, shopping, etc. Room was clean and spacious (we booked a suite). It was great having the small fridge and microwave in our room. A few things that need some attention: The furniture in the lobby is very dirty. This is the first thing you see when you come into the hotel, so it absolutely needs to be replaced - not a good first impression. The pool was ok but needed more cleaning (lots of long hairs floating in it). Breakfast was fine, but a lot of bread-related stuff - would have been great to just have some scrambled eggs. The wi-fi was down for a day and a half. The brochure holder in the lobby had mostly local business service info (yard care, realtors, etc) - not something visitors are interested in - would have liked to see brochures on local attractions. I will say that the staff was extremely friendly and right there ready to do anything for you. Will I stay here again? I wouldn't say no, but I may be inclined to check out the other hotels close by unless I knew these things were addressed.

Room Tip: The suite has a microwave and small refrigerator which came in handy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First room we entered had a dead bug on the pillow, as well smelled like cigarette smoke. So I informed the front desk attendant and she was very accommodating and offered us the king size bedroom with jacuzzi. Although there is no way we would have gotten in the jacuzzi, but at least the room did not stink until around 10:30 pm and cigarette smoke engulfed the room. I called front desk again and she stated the only smoking floor was the 3rd floor and we were on the first. After finally falling asleep, I am assuming it was taken care of. The breakfast was was decent. Our friends stayed at the Hampton and they said it was very nice. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: First floor is "supposedly" smoke free.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsey L
USA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

With a name like Mountain Villa Inn, you might think you'll get a nice view, but you don't! This hotel is in a convenient location near the main highway but walking distance to a couple restaurants. BUT it is sandwiched between a hillside and 2 other hotels. The hotel and rooms were clean though and rooms big enough for 5 of us using the sofabed. Breakfast was good and we really appreciated the staff's decorations for Easter! Rooms were quiet and AC comfortable. Showers were hot but bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner.

The bad part was the pool. While it was nice having an indoor pool, I don't think the chemicals were monitored well. Floors were mildewed. It didn't help that someone's 5 yr old peed on the floor as he was getting out, which promptly made everyone leave. I regret that I should have notified staff, but just wanted to get the heck out.

Business "center'" was a tiny room, fortunately I didn't have to use it. Exercise room looked nice but again didn't use it.

Price was good for the area, so no serious complaints and is fine for an overnight while visiting nearby Gibbs Gardens.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 8 in Canton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Woodstock/Atlanta North

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Canton, GA? Share your experiences!