“rude staff” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Canton
Atlanta, Georgia
“rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but felt the need to for this hotel.

The room was fine, but the staff made the stay unpleasant.

When I arrived I told them I had a reservation and my name. Instead of checking their computer, the desk clerk started questioning when I had made the reservation, then chided me for arriving a day late (which I had already paid for without using). The next day I approached a different desk clerk, but couldn't get her attention because she was on her phone. Turned out she was talking to her family about how tired she was. As soon as a hotel manager walked in she immediately hung up and jumped up.

When you are tired from traveling, you want staff to respond with a minimal level of courtesy.

They have a breakfast, but the juice machine was broken and the waffle batter was so watery that waffles were gooey.

Much more poorly run than the usual chain hotels where I stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank customer838

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lancaster, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice hotel in a great location close to many restaurants, shopping, etc. Room was clean and spacious (we booked a suite). It was great having the small fridge and microwave in our room. A few things that need some attention: The furniture in the lobby is very dirty. This is the first thing you see when you come into the hotel, so it absolutely needs to be replaced - not a good first impression. The pool was ok but needed more cleaning (lots of long hairs floating in it). Breakfast was fine, but a lot of bread-related stuff - would have been great to just have some scrambled eggs. The wi-fi was down for a day and a half. The brochure holder in the lobby had mostly local business service info (yard care, realtors, etc) - not something visitors are interested in - would have liked to see brochures on local attractions. I will say that the staff was extremely friendly and right there ready to do anything for you. Will I stay here again? I wouldn't say no, but I may be inclined to check out the other hotels close by unless I knew these things were addressed.

Room Tip: The suite has a microwave and small refrigerator which came in handy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

First room we entered had a dead bug on the pillow, as well smelled like cigarette smoke. So I informed the front desk attendant and she was very accommodating and offered us the king size bedroom with jacuzzi. Although there is no way we would have gotten in the jacuzzi, but at least the room did not stink until around 10:30 pm and cigarette smoke engulfed the room. I called front desk again and she stated the only smoking floor was the 3rd floor and we were on the first. After finally falling asleep, I am assuming it was taken care of. The breakfast was was decent. Our friends stayed at the Hampton and they said it was very nice. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: First floor is "supposedly" smoke free.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lindsey L
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

With a name like Mountain Villa Inn, you might think you'll get a nice view, but you don't! This hotel is in a convenient location near the main highway but walking distance to a couple restaurants. BUT it is sandwiched between a hillside and 2 other hotels. The hotel and rooms were clean though and rooms big enough for 5 of us using the sofabed. Breakfast was good and we really appreciated the staff's decorations for Easter! Rooms were quiet and AC comfortable. Showers were hot but bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner.

The bad part was the pool. While it was nice having an indoor pool, I don't think the chemicals were monitored well. Floors were mildewed. It didn't help that someone's 5 yr old peed on the floor as he was getting out, which promptly made everyone leave. I regret that I should have notified staff, but just wanted to get the heck out.

Business "center'" was a tiny room, fortunately I didn't have to use it. Exercise room looked nice but again didn't use it.

Price was good for the area, so no serious complaints and is fine for an overnight while visiting nearby Gibbs Gardens.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have done a lot of traveling this spring for my daughter's college softball team & this is by far THE best hotel we have stayed at. The staff was very nice & accommodating. The hotel was immaculate & had a fresh/clean scent. We were lucky enough to get a two-room suite which worked well with there being three of us (there was a pull-out couch in the living room area). We did not go to the continental breakfast but were told it was adequate. There was pretty much anything you wanted nearby--WalMart, Applebees, fast food, etc. Again, I would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MommaHen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
#4 of 7 in Canton
3.5 of 5 stars 58 reviews
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Canton? Share your experiences!