“Awesome Food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Looking for a place with good food and staff members who care? This is a great place. I have always wanted to stop at this new restauraunt in Canton and I am so happy I did. The food was terrific, the dessert was awesome, and the staff members were kind and attentive. WIsh there were more restauraunts like this one.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have been wanting to go here since it opened and went for New Years Eve. The bistro has great atmosphere, very clean, and the staff is very friendly...it ends there. The food came out quickly. I ordered the Pulled Pork Nachos, they were fair at best. The description sounded wonderful but lacked in appearance or flavor. My husband ordered the Chicken Fried Steak, it was huge! It was served on Mashed Potatoes with cream gravy. It looked amazing but we were both disappointed, it had no flavor at all. I wanted this restaurant to be great and we were truly let down. We will not be returning. The concept is a much needed addition to the area, the food needs life!

1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is the spot Canton has been waiting for. Atmosphere was wonderful - calming, QUIET, CLEAN, and comfortable. I get so tired of sports bars with a t.v. in every booth and 15 on the wall and/or music so loud a quiet drink and meal is impossible, but NOT at RCB. Thank you to the owners for bringing this needed addition to the Canton dining scene. Great menu, full service bar with a more than cordial wait staff. One of the owners, Sherry, was welcoming and gracious. Loved it and will return many more times. Easy in - easy out.

2  Thank mine24
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Canton has a pretty good number of restaurants, but finding a place that's not a chain,is more than bar food, and has some high class without being high cost - especially on the North side of town - has not been easy, until now. I was one of the first to try Riverstone during their "soft opening" and was impressed from the first, but wanted to wait to post a review until I was sure about whether the early performance was just initial enthusiasm or real staying power. It's the latter - because in my five visits since, I find they keep getting better.
First of all, the food is very good quality. That's especially noticeable in the seafood. The daily seafood selection has included some exciting dishes and each has been well prepared. For example, finding arctic char is a rarity, as is shark. I had the char and loved it; my brother-in-law on a visit with me, the shark and pronounced it the best in 30 years. The steak was also great on another visit. The wedge is a favorite of mine - not unique, but done with flair.
Secondly, the service is on their toes. The staff are all experienced and it shows. They also exhibit an esprit de corps that says they're glad to be working at Riverstone and are being well-managed.
Thirdly, it's got a cool, friendly atmosphere The inside of the restaurant is an easy-going interior that lends a "you're part of the family" quality, whether you're in a booth, at a table or at the bar. Outside on the patio there is a gas-fed fire pit that's encircled with stools and promotes conviviality, but there's also patio tables, Dinner outside followed by an after-dinner libation around the fire pit is just plain fun, especially in the Fall weather.
Fourth, the prices are not over the top. With a round of cocktails first and a bottle of wine for two, appetizers and main courses, we're still hitting under $100.
Lastly, we've gotten to know the management as regulars - a family of four - and they are great people. Very experienced in their restaurant careers and working hard to make this a premier venue in Cherokee County. I think they are succeeding.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We like to eat locally...we feel that it keeps money in the area, and gives local folk more chances at jobs. That being said, we're not willing to spend money at overpriced eateries, or places with less than stellar food. This is one of those.

The menu looks good, but that's where the resemblance to a quality restaurant ends.

We both had steaks, which were a bit on the miserly side, and not particularly good cuts of meat, especially for the premium prices charged. Longhorn or other chains have better steaks for much less money.

Beers...as one other reviewer has noted, beers, although pricey, even for Craft beers, are not served in pint glasses, but in 10 or 12 oz. glasses. I felt that this was pretty miserly on the part of the management, especially considering that it is not noted on the menu. No more drafts for me there...

I was talking to another customer, who was seated fairly close, who had a burger- his opinion was that it was good, but not spectacular, especially considering the price.

Unless we hear that the place has improved, that'll be our first and last trip to this mediocre eatery.

2  Thank iansmythe2002

Been to Riverstone Corner Bistro? Share your experiences!