“Poor Management; Okay Value.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Canton

Holiday Inn Express Canton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Canton
Mobile, Alabama
“Poor Management; Okay Value.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have stayed here 5 or 6 times this year to visit my fiance during weekends. The first 3 or 4 stays were great, no problems whatsoever. Starting in September 2012, there must have been new management and some new staff members, because my bills were being charged to the wrong card, or they would check my room out to another person with the same last name, then charge me twice when I check-out. That's just management.

The rooms are what you pay for; I wouldn't stay here for anything over $75 a night. The showers are okay, the important thing is that the hotel has hot water. The rooms tend to be moister than normal, I am not sure why. One more thing to make sure of is that you are not next to noisy people. The walls are thin, and if people like their TV loud, or like partying, you are in for a bad night. Breakfasts are so-so, as in there is minimal selection, but it isn't bad. Anywho, I enjoyed the good stays I had. I may consider coming here again when better management is in place.

Another note, when a certain contracting company has their workers stay there, they like to drink outside and just lean on whatever car is close to them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Paul D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is most disappointing to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for staying with us, and and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I reserved a "suite" over the Thanksgiving holiday. Two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. My husband and I and our teenage daughter stayed in the room. My son decided to stay with his cousins. The room was very noisy. We could clearly hear the TV from the room next to us and the exercise machines whirring in the gym on the other side. The beds were quite soft so every time my husband turned over it woke me up. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator and enough basic amenities to qualify as acceptable. I didn't get a sense of complete cleanliness -- the caulk in the shower was moldy and there were stains on the sofa bed. The breakfast was fairly good -- scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, etc. It was fine for a visit to the family for the holidays, but I might take a look at the nearby Best Western next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Commerce, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here for a few days while visiting family over the holidays. The facility was well maintained and clean. The staff was very friendly and personable. I had an expedited check in and from the time I walked in until I had my key in hand was probably 1 minute.
The breakfast buffet was what I would consider average and typical for this type hotel and there was plenty to eat.
The only problem we had was the dryer in the laundry room took our money and wouldn't operate. It was a minor inconvenience. .
I think we received good value for the cost of the room and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid the parking lot noise
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I'd strongly suggest staying right across the street at the Best Western. This holiday inn express is very poor in comparison to the holiday inn express theme.
The front desk employees are quite relaxed and show an attitude towards not caring very much about your day or making guests welcomed.

The house keepers are running around to fetch towels, soap etc.. I asked 1 housekeeper why they don't have carts with there supplies stocked on them- her reply was that the hotel doesn't have enough towels, sheets, etc for everywhere needed and that they only have 30 minutes to clean each room, and if they work past a certain time they won't be paid for it. I was disgusted at what I had heard. When I asked another housekeeper on a lower floor about the hours they work, the supplies situation, and management... I was told they were paid minimum wage (7.25/hr) and must be done cleaning rooms by noon or won't be paid-- and it didn't matter how many rooms needed to be done. Wow!! This is no way to run a Hotel-
Poor, unorganized management.
Not a relaxing atmosphere for a guest, or a family. We stayed 2 days. will NEVER EVER stay here again.

Cheap, cheap, cheap is what this holiday inn express IS. A shame considering usually Holiday Inn Express at many other locations are quite NICE.

Not this one.
BEWARE!!!!

Room Tip: We would suggest the Best Western across the Street, Or Hampton Inn next door, with rates very simil...
1 Thank motelguru1989
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear motelguru1989

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding the poor service you received. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Canton hotels

Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff is so nice here that I really didn't want to write a negitive review but I need to pass info. along to other travelers as I rely on tripadvisor for advice on my travels. This hotel needs some attention. Stayed on floor level and hotel room door does not close all the way, it is unlevel and leaves light about a 1/4" at top of door. Ants were a problem around mini kitchen area and in the bathroom. I'm sure it was due to the rain we were having but still ants are ants. They did offer to spray but not wanting toxic fumes in our room we just killed them as we saw them. Just be careful with your snacks as they got into our snack bag and had to throw some away. The breakfast was ok, but pancake machine wasn't working, along with refrig. that holds cold items. Had to ask attendant for items when she was there. Saw a dog in the hotel several times. I thought this was a no pets hotel, glad I didn't have an allergic reaction. Bottom line is that I got a good nights sleep here which is most important. Cracker Barrel was next door and can be walked to. Nothing else within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bubbie2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Bubbie2,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I was delighted to read your review and your very kind comments regarding the staff here. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
IHG Care
Rahway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Nina graciously accomodated our last minute reservation. Hotel was quiet and clean. Complimentary breakfast was fine, my sons loved the pancake machine (lol). FYI-phone in 320 doesn't work, so whenever we needed something we just visited the front desk. No biggie, but that should probably get checked out. Rates were good, conveniently located to shopping and restaurants (walk to cracker barrel). Overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gray, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Every area of the hotel was so clean and all the staff was so kind. Things were just perfect for my husband and I.
We were visiting our grandchildren so it was so nice to have a place for them to hang out with us.
The price was really great since we are senior citizens. We stayed 3 nights and wish we could have stayed more. We hope to go back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#4 of 7 in Canton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper

Been to Holiday Inn Express Canton? Share your experiences!