“If you have children, or love animals, go!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tanglewood Farm Miniatures
Houston, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“If you have children, or love animals, go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Tanglewood Farms has some of the rarest miniature animals in the world. In fact, they have the tiniest registered horse in the world! Also, real Jersey cows, and even miniature buffalo. It's an unreal experience. Even tiny pigs that are full grown and weigh 35lbs.

Where else can you see all of these animals and have the opportunity to interact with them? Seriously, some of the reviews on here are ridiculous - it's people who want something for nothing. If you don't have the money to spend, stay home. It takes 2 minutes to call ahead, ask about the farm, and the prices. So don't whine after the fact because you didn't do your homework.

The people running this farm are true humanitarians. They offer programs for autistic children, children with MS, and even adults with Parkinson's Disease. I'm sorry that it takes money to upkeep this farm, feed animals, and do these wonderful things. Maybe if our Government didn't fund every other entitlement program on the planet, they could fund a place like this for our kids. Heck, how many children have ever even met a REAL American Indian - he is the husband of the farm's owner. His grandfather was Standing Bear, who signed a treaty with the US Government in 1829 (Andrew Jackson was at the signing). Seriously, meeting him is incredible.

Overall, this is a great little farm with quality human beings who run it. The owner even has a dozen or so piglets being bottle-fed in her home. The complaining adults on here aside, I guarantee your children will have a ball and will remember the experience forever. So if $10 a price for entry, and $10 for a pony ride sounds worth that, then go. Otherwise, stay home and watch the Discovery Channel.

Visited March 2013
6 Thank LonelyCruiser

Willis, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good people cute animals.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a great time. Michelle and Irving are great people that truely care about their animals and little farm.
I find it funny the guy that complained about paying the $10 entry charge. This is a business. Not only do they have to pay staff but purchase tons of feed and other supplies for their beloved animals. Also that customer may not relize it but animals have vet bills too. Save your $10 then and give it to Six Flags for one soda next time.
We had a great day! Tanglewood also gives back to their community with serveral outreach programs. Plus the animals are so darn cute!

2 Thank hanni_travels
maitland, florida
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 297 helpful votes
“Laughed Our Heads Off! What Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I almost did not go here based on a previous TripAdvisor Bad report. So with that said read reviews with a grain of salt. This place was the CLEANEST farm I have ever been to. The people were happy and helpful and glad to be working there. Reese (6 years old) and I had so much fun we stayed for 5 hours. No that is not how long it takes 1 to 2 hours is sufficient, but we were so thankful for the one on one with the animals and very little people around us at Noon on a Saturday we just spent time cuddling the little farms animals. The $5.00 bucket of food was plenty and I'll tell you why. when you receive it break it up into the tinest pieces these animals get feed all day so the owners don't give big buckets. You can spend time and get close without any food at all. The fee to get in was $10 and initially I thought that was high until I really explored the entire farm and spent the 5 hours to watch all that went on in the farm. $10 is worth it. This place is not like the other places I take Reese this is more of a hands on working farm not a Zoo. The other part I liked about this place was that we DID NOT have employees shoooing us through we could go at our own pace and our time was never monitored nor did we have to stop after one go around. We went through the pens several times and each time the animals were different with us. The food was a great deal $5.00 for me and $4.00 for Reese A Cheesebuger with all the fixins and a Hot Dog Chips 2 Cookies Beans and A coke of some sort. A great deal and fresh off the grill right in front of us. The picnic area was great it had a climbing tree house for the kids and lots of shade. It also had a giant Chair to photograph in as well as a bungee horse for Reese. I paid for the pony ride because how can you not let your 6 year old ride a pony right??? This really is a professionally run farm and I highly recommend for a family trip. Oh one last thing I noticed THE ANIMALS HAD NO ODOR how is that possible???? They were clean very clean.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank mpeacock_10
Roswell
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Cute little farm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My daughter went here for a school field trip and again for a birthday party. She had a great time on both occasions. The farm features several different varieties of miniature animals and children love to look at them. My daughter's favorite is the mini rooster.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unique miniature animals, friendly and safe for little ones.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My toddler and I visited Tanglewood on a Friday afternoon and loved our time together with the animals. We had multiple photo opportunities with all of the animals. We enjoyed being able to walk from one area to the next at our leisure. The picnic tables at the front/end of the tour are perfect for a picnic in the shade. All the animals are very precious. The owners are very welcoming and eager to share their passion for their farm with all the guests! My son especially loved the free miniature pumpkin at the end of the tour.

2 Thank Spotstostop