“I am at the hometead right now”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Homestead Inn

Homestead Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Canton
Ellijay, Georgia
“I am at the hometead right now”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ya'll have musta never stayed in a transition hotel before. My room is what it is, a shower, a bed and a kitchenette, with a refrigerator! If you want the Hyatt, pay $100 a nite, otherwise quit talkin. Meanwhile, I'll be cooking and getting cold beer out the refrigerator while you are hassilin with parking. Get grateful and save your money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank EllijayBlueJay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Conyers, GA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed last night at this hotel, primarily because it was one of the least expensive. Now I admit, when you visit hotels that are cheap, you are prepared to find that it is not exactly the best. Sometimes it is run down, sometimes it is in a bad area. In this case, the bed was had and sunken (the edges of the bed were higher than the inside) to the point where you could feel the springs, the refrigerator made so much noise we had to unplug it to go to sleep and the heater seemed to not work properly, it was either high or none. The area was not bad, there were a number of restaurants to choose from, but there are other hotels that are only about 5.00 more that are not too far. Stay away from this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We got a room for one week. Our room was infested with roaches and when we tried to get our money back we were told no refunds and that they would look into our roach problem. The lady at the desk didnt even offer to switch our room..disgusting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank anon34817
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am relocating to the area - staying at Homestead Inn until I find permanent residence. I discovered that someone had been in my room - they left a cigarette butt in the room. The staff did absolutely nothing about it and my laptop had fatal errors directly after as if someone had been using it. Since this incident the staff has been extremely rude to me, instead of trying find a resolution! I just discovered that my refrigerator in the room has been turned off, ruining the food I had in there and making a mess in the freezer and SOMEONE else has been in the room AGAIN. This place is very shady and I feel confident to say - ladies your undergarments are probably NOT SAFE.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you have to keep your valuables in your car and there is no security if you hav...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emme E
Moore
Reviewed June 21, 2009

They had a great staff that was very helpful. Even had a kitchen in the rooms. I enjoyed the stay and I would recommended it

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
destin
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We had a job down in Canton, Ga for about 2 months to do and we are on a budget concerning hotel room cost. We came to this hotel and proceeded to check in. The desk clerk on duty came was rude on checking us in. She would not go down on rhe price of the room. We then left the office to our room which was in the back of the hotel. The room was not clean whatsoever. There was cobwebs in the corner of the wall. The carpet was not vacuumed and the room smells like mold. My crew did not get any sleep due to loud noise in the parking lot. The hotel did nothing to stop the noise or even discount the room. We immediately checked out and went to the hotel across the street. After that we had a great night stay at the hotel across the street. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff did not care about their customers and room cleanliness in way below par. This hotel is a dump

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank DestinVoyager1
italananimal
Reviewed May 28, 2009

This hotel lost our reservations, had a mildew smell in the freezer bad paint , busted door jams. We were going to stay for 3 nights but the mildew from the freezer caused my wife's Asama to act up. We didn't stay and they refused to refund the 156 dollars even though we did nothing but turn the TV on for the kids. We had also found out that they were raided for drugs and prostitution on more than one occasion.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family