“Dont waste your money”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Canton
Canton, Georgia
“Dont waste your money”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We got a room for one week. Our room was infested with roaches and when we tried to get our money back we were told no refunds and that they would look into our roach problem. The lady at the desk didnt even offer to switch our room..disgusting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank anon34817

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am relocating to the area - staying at Homestead Inn until I find permanent residence. I discovered that someone had been in my room - they left a cigarette butt in the room. The staff did absolutely nothing about it and my laptop had fatal errors directly after as if someone had been using it. Since this incident the staff has been extremely rude to me, instead of trying find a resolution! I just discovered that my refrigerator in the room has been turned off, ruining the food I had in there and making a mess in the freezer and SOMEONE else has been in the room AGAIN. This place is very shady and I feel confident to say - ladies your undergarments are probably NOT SAFE.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you have to keep your valuables in your car and there is no security if you hav...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emme E
Moore
Reviewed June 21, 2009

They had a great staff that was very helpful. Even had a kitchen in the rooms. I enjoyed the stay and I would recommended it

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
destin
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We had a job down in Canton, Ga for about 2 months to do and we are on a budget concerning hotel room cost. We came to this hotel and proceeded to check in. The desk clerk on duty came was rude on checking us in. She would not go down on rhe price of the room. We then left the office to our room which was in the back of the hotel. The room was not clean whatsoever. There was cobwebs in the corner of the wall. The carpet was not vacuumed and the room smells like mold. My crew did not get any sleep due to loud noise in the parking lot. The hotel did nothing to stop the noise or even discount the room. We immediately checked out and went to the hotel across the street. After that we had a great night stay at the hotel across the street. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff did not care about their customers and room cleanliness in way below par. This hotel is a dump

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank DestinVoyager1
italananimal
Reviewed May 28, 2009

This hotel lost our reservations, had a mildew smell in the freezer bad paint , busted door jams. We were going to stay for 3 nights but the mildew from the freezer caused my wife's Asama to act up. We didn't stay and they refused to refund the 156 dollars even though we did nothing but turn the TV on for the kids. We had also found out that they were raided for drugs and prostitution on more than one occasion.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank italananimal
canton,ga
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I stayed there from March 2008 to march 2009 because I had just moved back to canton,ga and was looking for a job and another place to stay. Well...i always keep a look at the sex offender website for Georgia and everytime, it said someone new had moved into the Homestead Inn. It is a hotel for nothing for sex offenders. The owners don't care about loud noises or noisy neighbors!! They don't even walk around the hotel to keep an eye on things instead they just drive around. They are afraid of the dark. When something breaks or quits working, it takes them forever to fix it. I don't suggest staying there. It is unsafe for children and even adults!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo