“Great Hotel”
Review of Super 8 Calhoun

Super 8 Calhoun
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I were traveling thru and needed somewhere to stay. We did not have reservations, we walked in and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was wonderful, clean and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was good. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank FlaRacer

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were in the area doing insurance claims due to the tornado that struck the week prior. We requeated a room with a desk and got it. Our entire time there we were treated great, every one was very friendly. The two little ladies that served breakfast, Margie and Thelma, made my stay worthwhile. I will stay again because of the service we received, but more so because ot the hospitality of these two ladies.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
12  Thank Tammy J
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This Hampton Inn has exterior door leading outside, not an interior hallway. Rooms are small. No refrigerator. But affordable, clean, really friendly staff - especially the lady at Breakfast! It was a great location for us, as it is near family. PS: No street sign was located that said "Hampton Drive SE" but it was easy to find, none-the-less.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SigraLisa
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to Florida. After 10 hours on the road, I looked for a Hampton Inn when we were ready to stop for the night. Yes, it is unusual for a Hampton to have outside entrances, but we had not complaints. The room was VERY clean with cozy beds and an amazing price! Breakfast was really good, and I agree, the elderly lady in charge of the breakfast area was super nice! We did not have any trouble with noise, as someone else stated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again on my way to visit my daughter.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank cobb100
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here while driving through to Florida, so all we needed was a place to sleep. The hotel doesn't seem like a Hampton, because the doors open to the outside, which I do not care for. However, the room was very clean and comfortable with the usual amenities, such as free wifi and free breakfast. Although some things were reflective of Hampton standards, many things were not, such as the dated building exterior and furnishings, the fact that the beds were doubles rather than queens, and the loud air conditioner.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefanie H
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area had a warm amd comfy feeling to it. But what made it extra nice was the charming elderly (young in spirit) woman who took so much pride in her preparation and presentation of the breakfast. I am so sorry I did not catch het name. My fussy husband even said "everything is good" I have to say the coffee even had good flavor and that is rare. I left with a smile on my face :) .

• Stayed: November 2012
10  Thank jodichurch
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inn's all over the country and have a certain expectation. This location did not meet that expectation. This is a roadside motel. On checking in, I felt like I was bothering the attendant. The room was small. A cold breeze blew through frame of the door that could be felt near the bed. The heater was loud. When car pulled up or people talked outside, it could be heard clearly in the room. I was really annoyed that no newspaper was provided in the morning, like I get anywhere else, and no newspapers were available in the lobby.
There were a few good points. The property was convenient from the Interstate. The room had DISH TV with 5 HBO channels and a much larger channel selection than any other Hampton I've been to. The bed was comfortable.
Overall, this is a dated, run down property that shouldn't carry the Hampton name.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
La Quinta Inn Calhoun
La Quinta Inn Calhoun
#3 of 17 in Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area
America's Best Inn - Calhoun

Been to Super 8 Calhoun? Share your experiences!