“One Hour North of Atlanta”
Review of Super 8 Calhoun

Super 8 Calhoun
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Tampa, Florida
“One Hour North of Atlanta”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This Hampton is of the old-style, with each room facing outside, usually parking lot. The rooms are smaller than the newer Hampton Inns and the rugs in this one were a little musty. The atmosphere and staff are friendly. Ruby Tuesday is a good place to eat and is within walking distance. Easy access to I-75 and a good place to stay when coming from the north to recharge your batteries before driving through Atlanta. It is also only about an hour south of Chattanooga, TN.

Room Tip: If you drive a vehicle that you don't want dented accidentally, park in the larger handicap spac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I like my privacy but my client is nearby so hotel choices are limited. The staff was very helpful and super friendly! Dining options are limited, basically all fast food greasy spots. I stay here out of shear necessity rather than desire. I will say the room was very clean and the TV service was good with HD channels available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greenacres
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was on my way to Florida from Michigan and after 10 hrs of driving I decided to pull over for the night. At first I went to the holiday Inn next door but the only room available was a King Suite. As I was traveling alone I had no use for a suite, so I decided to go next door to the Hampton Inn. This is a very clean and well maintained Hotel. It offers free WiFi to there guest and a great Breakfast until 10am. Eggs, biscuits, pastry, sausage gravy,Coffee and juice, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels. Free USA Today paper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Michael A
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We rented a room, after an hour my daughter went to get conditioner clerk was extremely rude. She looked at my daughter like she was bothering her then we were told we could not have our dog in the room because she was not a service dog. The clerk was rude and treated my husband like he was an idiot when my husband asked about the dog.They would not refund our money after they told us our dog could not be in our room. They were very unprofessional and rude.

• Stayed July 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a very clean and well maintained motel. I say motel, since the rooms open to the outside. We stayed for a baseball tournament for 6 yr. olds. There is a pool that closes at 9pm unless you ask for exception. Breakfast until 10am. Eggs, biscuits, pastry, sausage gravy, juice, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels. Free USA Today paper. No elevator, stairs not a problem.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing the pool side but further down. No noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank SunGoddessMom
Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I travel extensively for business, and prefer the Hilton chains, staying quite often at Hampton Inns because of their consistant quality, and moderate price point; sadly, this location falls well below the brand standard I have come to expect. It is an older motel-style property, with parking-lot entrances to the rooms, so it was naturally a bit noisier than the newer interior corridor hotels, but that was not really a big issue for me. The overall cleanliness was. The bathroom and fridge were dirty, the carpets were filthy in my room, and the linens were due to be replaced. The internet was at times unusable because of the slow speed.

Although breakfast is not a make-or-break issue for me in choosing a hotel, they seemed to have all you would expect in the small breakfast room. The attendant was very sweet. Unfortunately, I found the rest of staff I encountered - including the manager - to be less than friendly. Had I paid $59 instead of $95 for this room, I would have been much less disappointed. For the same money there are much better choices in the area. Consider the brand new Hampton Inn and Suites in Ringgold, Georgia, about 30 minutes north on I-75.

Room Tip: Check out the Holiday Inn Express next door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RoadDogFla
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I was all set to really downgrade this hotel as it is older and has outside doors. But it was clean and cool. It had a refrigerator and a big bathroom. I find it was rather nice to park outside your door and unload without hunting for the "disappearing carts!". Two big Pluses for this location was the gals in the breakfast room. I doubt either would have to work, but these two seem to love their job and dealing with the people. Thelma and Margie are the "Hidden Gems" of this Hampton Inn! I hope the both get great salaries as they are worth it! When they say "Ya'all come back now", they mean it!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Ouch88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
La Quinta Inn Calhoun
La Quinta Inn Calhoun
#4 of 17 in Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn & Suites Adairsville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton

Been to Super 8 Calhoun? Share your experiences!