“Very clean, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our hotel room was very clean, in fact as I was leaving the morning of departure I could see and hear the staff scrubbing tubs etc. The complimentary breakfast was good, the staff was friendly. Great for an overnight stay. Only complaint was the bathroom vent fan rattled like crazy (and I honestly forgot to tell management when I left)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kasondra H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the redone Holiday Inn Express styles. Once we made out way to it we were satisfied. If you want to stay here beware. There is NO street signage and you have to drive through other business parking lots to get to it. Overall it was clean and a good value. Breakfast was good. Customer service was decent. Staff was not overly friendly. If you're traveling through it's fine for a night.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear radtravels,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and customer service.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding driving directions. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

An ok place. Over priced for the area. The guy behind the desk thought he was doing me a favor to give me the price he did. I would not stay there again because I didn't think I received a good value for my money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear User146,

Thank you for the candid review of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with the rate you paid, prices do vary depending on the market. We regret that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Have stayed here before. Room was as expected. Place was clean, we stopped down road about 20 miles and that HIE was full . If I had a complaint it would be the single serve coffee pots in the room! I like the 2 cup pots! Breakfast was good but the coffee was weak!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My suitcase was left in their parking lot. I called there and they said they had it and would ship it out by the manager on Friday. I received it within a couple of days. I really appreciated their honesty and helpfulness! Thanks Alice and the manager.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. I'm so glad that our staff was able to help you with this! If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was dark, raining -- on I75 coming from Florida. We stopped at this Holiday Inn Express requesting a first floor room or the availability of an elevator. We stopped at other local Hotels at this location, none of them had first floor rooms available and if there were rooms on upper floors, there was no elevator. My husband is handicapped and we cannot carry luggage up stairs. We were able to get a very nice, clean handicapped room on the 1st floor. The hotel clerk was very pleasant, very accomodating. She also accepted our discount rate. The morning breakfast was good; the service great. We will definitely stay there again our south I75 trips.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped or have difficulty climbing stairs with luggage, check to see if there is an...
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay here with us. We hope to see you again soon! If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all I want to say this Holiday Inn did not take our pets, but we knew this when we called. I know more people now take their pets along with them when they travel. Most hotels have rooms just for those who have pets & they have to small ones. When we got there, no one was at the desk (had to wait about 10 min. for someone). My husband finally called the hotel from his phone to get to come. When we got to our door, the key wouldn't work, had to go back down to get another one. The carpet in our room was dirty & smelled. I had to spray it. There wasn't enough towels & had to call & ask for more. We checked out their breakfast the next morning, but decided to go some where else. All I can say is I wasn't a happy camper.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Terri N,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
La Quinta Inn Calhoun
#3 of 17 in Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun? Share your experiences!