“Forgot a suitcase” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Chicago, Illinois
“Forgot a suitcase”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My suitcase was left in their parking lot. I called there and they said they had it and would ship it out by the manager on Friday. I received it within a couple of days. I really appreciated their honesty and helpfulness! Thanks Alice and the manager.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kasondra H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. I'm so glad that our staff was able to help you with this! If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was dark, raining -- on I75 coming from Florida. We stopped at this Holiday Inn Express requesting a first floor room or the availability of an elevator. We stopped at other local Hotels at this location, none of them had first floor rooms available and if there were rooms on upper floors, there was no elevator. My husband is handicapped and we cannot carry luggage up stairs. We were able to get a very nice, clean handicapped room on the 1st floor. The hotel clerk was very pleasant, very accomodating. She also accepted our discount rate. The morning breakfast was good; the service great. We will definitely stay there again our south I75 trips.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped or have difficulty climbing stairs with luggage, check to see if there is an...
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay here with us. We hope to see you again soon! If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Georgetown, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all I want to say this Holiday Inn did not take our pets, but we knew this when we called. I know more people now take their pets along with them when they travel. Most hotels have rooms just for those who have pets & they have to small ones. When we got there, no one was at the desk (had to wait about 10 min. for someone). My husband finally called the hotel from his phone to get to come. When we got to our door, the key wouldn't work, had to go back down to get another one. The carpet in our room was dirty & smelled. I had to spray it. There wasn't enough towels & had to call & ask for more. We checked out their breakfast the next morning, but decided to go some where else. All I can say is I wasn't a happy camper.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Terri N,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Calhoun hotels

Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I travel to Calhoun several times throughout the year and I always stay at this HI Express. I am a Gold Priority Club member but I can tell that they treat all of their guests as if they were Gold. I usually stay for 3 nights. The staff is very friendly, accomodating and make me feel at home. There is a good warm breakfast offered....not just a pastry and Juice.......Eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, fruit...you name it. They also send you out with a bag of water, fruit and a snack in case you dont have time to sit and eat.
The location is in walking distance to several restaurants so no need to always get in the car.
Great place to be if you're not at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon here at your home away from home. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Findlay, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We made a late night stop here after a long day of driving,,,,the pictures of the place appeared fine, and I normally think of Holiday Inn Expresses as a safe, clean, reasonably priced hotel for a quick overnight stay! This place missed the mark on every level! Upon arrival you'll find a "spa" located directly in front of the property, and by spa, it's not the kind you take your wife to (if you know what I mean!) My first thought is great there is a form of legal semi-prostitution in front of my hotel! If it we not so late, and we had not been so tired we would have left right then! The hotel itself appeared fine, and looked updated, our room furniture appeared newer....but everything was gross!! The carpet was all sticky and dirty feeling, the furniture and tables were covered with a layer of greasy, wet feeling dust. The toilet clogged literally after every use, we had to use a plunger to even put 1 piece of toilet paper in. We really wanted to leave at this point, but we had just unloaded our 3 young kids, and after almost falling asleep at the wheel we had to stay! We made our kids sleep in their clothes, and wore our shoes the entire time. Breakfast the next morning was the worst Holiday Inn breakfast I've ever had and we were happy to get back in our van and out of this nasty, gross hotel! This hotel does not deserve the Holiday Inn name!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear trips4less,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and the disappointment you had with the condition of our property and the breakfast. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Paducah, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I will have to say since my last review, this hotel has seen some much deserved upgrades. Updated furniture, new mattresses and lighting fixtures. Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn continental breakfast. I cannot fault the hotel for this since this seems to be the standard across the Holiday Inn Express chain, but it would be nice to see some changes since it gets old after a day or two eating the same thing.
My main complaint is the dirty stains that was along the bottom of the tub along the floor and the dirt on the electrical outlets in the bathroom. Some scrubbing bubbles would clean that right up and it would look a lot better.
All in all, after the upgrades that have been done to this hotel, it has brought this property closer to being back to the way a Holiday Inn Express should look. Just please keep improving.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Worldtravel769
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. We are improving every day. I am always trying to rotate the breakfast menu that way our guest will be able to have something a little different everyday. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed there with my teenage daughter. The smell in the room was horrible: mold and mildew smell. Bathtub had black stain (3" in diameter) that looked unsanitary and gross. Lightbulbs were half unscrewed (owner trying to save money?) and two lights were out completely. Paper thin walls keep you up all night thinking someone's in your room. Accidentally left hair in styler ($100) on bed. Called immediately when we unpacked ... Gone. Coffee cold and no creamer left an hour before breakfast was supposed to end. Too late at night to move to another room/hotel, but that's what they count on, I'm sure. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: If it smells bad in the lobby...don't check in cause it isn't going to get any better!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. I do hope that you will give my hotel another chance. We are trying to make the changes needed to better the hotel for the guest. If you are in the area please stop by an see us. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn Dalton
Hampton Inn Dalton
#5 of 22 in Dalton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Calhoun? Share your experiences!