“Good Experience”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My husband & I stayed here arriving late at night and had a wonderful experience with the staff. The room was clean, it was extremely hot when we first arrived but it cooled down pretty quickly. The breakfast was good the next morning, I would recommend the pancakes. I had forgot our toothpaste at home and the lady behind the desk provided a free travel tube of Colgate. I thought that was very nice. We would definitely stay here again when driving through.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Kasondra H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. We hope that you will stay here with us again soon. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here on the way South to Florida and on our way back. On the way down, we checked in very late to an employee with little communication (hardly said a word). In the morning we went to breakfast and our hallway smelled like dog pee. (It didn't smell like that the night before.) The room was nice and we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was great. On the way back home we stayed here yet again and this time everything was also great again until I went looking for my receipt they usually put under my door. The man working the front desk checked me out and then argued that he put my receipt under the door. Seriously. Why would I want another copy? He said he would print me another one like it was hard to do. He handed it to me and on my way out the door I saw it was the wrong room. He then argued that it was the room I told him. Come on. (Basically he checked out someone who wasn't even checking out yet) So, he again argued that he put my receipt under the door. I had been up since 4am so I would have seen it had it been slid under the door. I finally told him to forget it and he could save the paper. Why would you argue with a guest like that over something so stupid. I just wanted to be sure they weren't charging me for anything more than agreed to. Hopefully this guy isn't working when you check in. There are plenty of other choices so we will go elsewhere on our next trip!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. I am so so sorry that you were spoke to like this. I am working with the staff to make the relationship with our guest much better. I hope that maybe you will give us another chance here in Calhoun. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2009

Just to give you warning~ I tried booking this hotel yesterday for a stay at the end of the month. NIGHTMARE!!!!! The lady at the 800 number offered a great rate if I would pay in advance. However, she could not tell me if my card had been charged or not. She finally suggested that I call the hotel directly. The clerk there said it would not be charged until we arrived. I wanted to pay for everything in advance as the 1st lady told me it would be. In calling back THREE times now....the manager assured me this morning he would charge my card and email me a receipt. My receipt was for some kind of environmental spraying system! At this point, I have no idea what my card has been charged if anything..and we are not even there yet! I have called the front desk 3 times now asking for the manager.....he conveniently is doing maintenance! I have only been told that he will return my call. When~ nobody knows!!!!!!! Save yourselves!!!!!!!!Go to another hotel! Will never darken the door of Holiday Inn Calhoun again!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so sorry that you went though this. I can assure you that thinks have changed over the last few years. I hope that maybe you will come and stay with us. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2008

We had been driving for several hours and decided to find somewhere to stay. It was around 11 PM when we decided to stop. We drove until we got to Calhoun. There were several hotels to choose from but we picked the Holiday Inn Express. We were hoping they would give us a good rate as we were tired and just wanted a comfy bed. The lady at the front desk quoted us a rate of $75 and we took it. We were surprised when we opened the door. The bed looked so inviting. I knew it would be very comfy. There were 4 pillows on each bed!!! that's right...4!! As well as a huge flatscreen t.v. in the room. They did have a free breakfast the next morning but it left a little to be desired. We decided to go to IHOP. Will definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank gatorgurl

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. We have changed the breakfast around. We hope that you come back and try out our new items. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2008

Traveling for business I asked my group to stay here because of the pool. Unfortunately, the pool was very dirty and the water a slimmy green. Very unfortunate since the Hampton Inn we passed to get here had a very nice, clean pool sparkling its invitation as we came and went for dinner and work.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. If you ever come back this way stop by again and have a swim. The pool is much better kept and I'm sure it would be very impressive to you. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 18, 2008

We stopped here at about 10:30 pm after horrendous traffic in Atlanta. The front desk staff was not friendly - never cracked a smile, not sure if his lips parted. But other then that...

The room was nice, the bed was great the breakfast was ok, not as big of a variety as other HIE. Only bannas for fruit and the rubbery omlet (didn't try it here, but from past experience) instead of the yummy scrambled eggs. Obviously there were more things for breakfast, but this was what I observed.

The housekeeping staff did say good morning, slight smile. Maybe that is just the norm for this area? This is our 2nd stay in this hotel in 2 years, I do remember our first stay as not being overly friendly either. But who cares, you see them for 5 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank berly1657

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. We hope that you will come stay with us again.. I am always working with the staff on being more outgoing with the guest. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2006

I stayed in a suite at this hotel for three nights on vacation. I had a very pleasant stay as I always do at HIE hotels, and this was no exception. The room was clean, the entire staff was cordial, and the breakfast was great. If in the Calhoun area again, I will easily book another room at this HIE.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I’m so glad that you stayed here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Calhoun, GA. Thank you for the kind words! We do hope that you will book here again with us. If there’s anything you would like to add please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun
La Quinta Inn Calhoun
#3 of 17 in Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calhoun? Share your experiences!