“The worst ...I think in eastern usa...or close to it!”
Review of Motel 6 Calhoun

Motel 6 Calhoun
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We entered room and were ready to sleep. I smelled the pillows and glad I did. I almost threw up. Pulled covers of and the grossest dirttiest pillows. I called ask for new ones...they said they didn't have any.....they only had 10 percent if that of their rooms filled...andno clean pillows Iin any room? Went to walmart bought new pillows and covers.....then in am cleaning crew said they had brand new pillows....carpet dirty...dated...this could become a average clean hotel if they were to clean and keep up the rooms.....its so sad...American owned motels are cleaner...ive stayed all over the world from east coast to asia..this is a nasty place.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank eaglekind
Sparkle H, Hotel Management Company at Motel 6 Calhoun, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

I am truly sorry about your experience at Motel 6. We are the new hotel management company for this property and our goal is to make sure our guests are happy. Please contact info@titanhotelmanagement.com if you have any further complaints.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

make this your LAST resort! No clock in the room, NO coffee pot in room, flat pillows and beat down past the point of being reasonable! yes, they are pet friendly and the beds ARE comfortable, but that's ALL i can say about this place!! if you need a just a place to pass out, this is it!

Room Tip: none that i know of!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DONNA W
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the last 6 months. We take our dogs to an event that is held 4 miles from this hotel. Nothing fancy, but what they do have is a nice staff, great front desk people, maintained landscaping, a nice pool and a relaxed atmosphere. There is an IHop attached to the hotel and several restaurants within walking distance. Also, fridge and micro in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for either in the back or poolside.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank reviewgurl
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stopped for one night when I was traveling with pets. I was a little leery because of the price ($48 for one night), but it turned out not to be a bad little place. The room was clean and the sheets were fresh. No frills, so if you're looking for a luxury vacation hotel this is not the spot. But for a place to lay your head for the night, it was perfect. Plus, they allow pets. Ask at the desk and they will give you a coupon for 10% at the IHOP next door.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cathie M
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Very dirty, tv did not work, and no hot water for showers. It was really awful. We complained upon checking out and the desk clerk could have cared less about our complaints. No opologies or anything. Do not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Auntbrenda
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband and I always stay at pet-friendly Motel 6 when we travel with our dog, so I booked a night here on our way back from Florida over the holidays. I was skeptical after reading some of the TripAdvisor reviews, but decided to go for it anyway. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised! Positive points: a) friendly front-desk clerk, b) free wi-fi, c) micro-fridge in the room, d) no noise from other motel patrons. The decor hasn't been updated, so it's a bit dingy, but it's comfortable and clean -- my husband also loved the couch and the large workspace. We usually stay in Cartersville, but I believe we'll switch to Calhoun from now on. A great deal for $40/night!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kdaniels78
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty. Rooms also smelled of some kind of food - like someone cooking next door - with Curry. ew! Place needs to be torn down and totally redone! Great location - too bad it was a crappy place to stay. Ice machine didn't work.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family