“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Calhoun GA over Christmas. The rooms were nice and the staff was "OUTSTANDING". The breakfast was good and the lobby was decorated for Christmas. There are numerous places to eat next to the Hotel and it is located right next to a very good Outlet mall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnCalhoun71, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear fboyd57,

Thank you so much for the excellent review. We sure do appreciate it and the next time your travels bring you to the Calhoun area we hope you will choose to stay with us again. Still, should anything else come to mind feel free to share it with us by calling the number below. Thanks again.

706-625-6500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2013

On our trip up from Fl we stayed here because we have a dog that travels with us. We had no problems. They greeted us and played with our dog. The room was on the 1st floor near the door. Easy in and out for those walks. The room was clean. Separate area with TV, desk, microwave and a large mini-frig and a separate bedroom. It is located next to a mall in case you are interested in shopping. The breakfast was ok. The eggs looked like they were premade and reheated. I didn't try one on looks alone. The front desk was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for all the postive reasons-price, convenience, friendliness, etc

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Leisureone,

We appreciate the great feedback on our service and facilities. We strive to make every guest feel like they are at their home away from home. On behalf of all of our staff, thank you. We will also be looking into the issue of the eggs. Quality is important where food is concerned. Please feel free to contact me should you have any additional concerns.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Nothing but good things to say about this hotel, except the bed is uncomfortable. I stayed twice on my most recent road trip at Country Inn and Suites and both hotels gave me a similar experience. The hotel is what you'd expect for a highway hotel. All the necessities, good service and decent rooms. Biggest problem though is in both hotels the beds were awful. I tossed and turned throughout the night. I only stayed twice because we knew they had a door between the bedroom and living room where our daughter slept on the pull out bed. They offer a hot breakfast for free which is really nice. You can eat well before hitting the road. If traveling alone or with your spouse I'd try another place though, just due to the bed. Otherwise it's a nice chain.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear JoeLeo237,

Thank you very much for the great review and we appreciate it greatly. I'm sorry that the beds were not to your liking. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope for your future travels you will continue to choose Country Inn and Suites. If you have anything else you would like to discuss please don't hesitate to contact me.

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had stayed at this hotel in 2008 and it is well located on my route so felt safe staying here again. Was disappointed in the cleanliness of the room though. Found 3 room keys on the desk. When I went to take a shower there was a used bar of soap and used bottle of shampoo in the tub. Needless to say I did not take a shower that night. Otherwise the room did look clean but if I was to stay here again, I would want to have a good look at the room before actually checking in. The young man at the desk when I checked in was very friendly and helpful even giving me a coupon to the Longhorn across the street for a free appetizer which I used.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CountryInnCalhoun71, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Cawowyn,

I am so sorry that your were not satisfied with your stay with us in October. At Country Inn and Suite we strive for perfection and appreciate the comments that you left for us. a . Please give me a call anytime at 706-625-6500 to discuss this matter further. Whenever your travels lead you to our area again please let me know so that I may host you once more and prove to you that we will get it right. Again, I am so very sorry for your troubles.

South Fulton, Tennessee
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We go to Calhoun Georgia about every 3 months to visit my mother in law. After trying a couple hotels in the area we spent the weekend at the Country Inn and Suites there. It is right off I-75 and very convenient. Also a great stopping place between home and Florida. We have stayed there many times and this hotel has proven itself over and over again. We always have had an excellent experience with our accomodations and with the staff. The breakfast area is clean and the breakfast items are very good. We know many staff members by name and always look forward to seeing them. Connie works at the front desk and she is so very nice and always extremely helpful. We wouldn't stay at any other hotel in Calhoun Georgia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Geeorgette S,

Thanks for the awesome comments. We really appreciate it and I personally would like to extend to you an invitation to contact me if there is anything that we can do to make a future visit to our hotel even better than the last. Please call me should your travels bring you back to the area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very nice staff, rooms were very clean. Furnishings were a bit dated but the bathrooms and kitchenette were updated and sparkling. Nice and close to interstate. We stayed one night while passing through town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marisa D,

Thank you so very much for your great review of our hotel. We delight in making our guests feel right at home. If you wish to discuss anything further or if you are stopping in the area during future travels please don't hesitate to give us a call. I would love to be able to host you again!

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Another good stay at this hotel. We stay here while visiting our grandkids about 4x a year. Always enjoy the stay. The staff is very friendly and we almost feel like family. This trip was a nine night stay in the two room suite on the 4th floor. Good set up with aa separate bedroom, and 2 TV's so football and primetime tv do not conflict. Room has some age on it and the pillows could be better but it fits our needs. The gradkids like to come over to use the pool and there is a park close by fro them. For us the fack that we can get a smoking room in a pet friendly room seals the deal. The cookies in the evening is a nice added touch I look forward to every day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CountryInnCalhoun71, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Glassman72,

Thank you for the great review of our property. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home away from home. It was our pleasure to have you we look forward to seeing you again.

Front Office Manager
Country Inn and Suites, Calhoun, GA
706-625-6500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calhoun
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
Baymont Inn & Suites Calhoun
Hampton Inn Dalton
Hampton Inn Dalton
#5 of 22 in Dalton

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calhoun? Share your experiences!