“Will not return :(”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I visited the Fork Diner for lunch today. We were seated by a very polite waitress. The booth had a sour odor smell - but I tried to overlook it. We were given the very limited menu. There were several burger choices. The lunch entrees were $11 and up per entrée. We ordered 2 peach teas. The tea was delicious. When the waitress came back to take our order, I ordered the chicken pot pie ( remember the very limited and expensive menu) she said it would not be ready until dinner. So, with the prices and limited selection we requested to get our tea in to go cups and pay so that we might go elsewhere. We were given the to go cups. The tea in our glass filled the cup about 3/4 full. We went to the register to pay where I assume the cashier was the owner. He said are you not eating with us - I explained they were out of what we had selected. The waitress handed us 20% off coupons for a return visit. My husband and I both said we won't need that - as he had just told us our 2 not full cups of tea were$ 6.58. My husband said "Bad, Bad". The man said what is - I told him the prices. He made no comment - as the restaurant only had one group in the back and 2 single people seated at noon hopefully, they will change their menu and/or prices. I understand that the food network visited and tried to help with increasing their business - don't think this is the way to go for lunch in the Calhoun area.

9  Thank MMRDalton_Georgia

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I feel sorry for the person who walke out before ordering because the food was amazing!

Yes the menu only had 10 or 15 items and a lot of people probably have never heard of several but everything we ordered was delicious! My dad got the shrimp and grits, I had a bite and they were the best he and I have ever had. The pimento burger was delicious and fries were homemade. Their BBQ sauce was also delicious!

Service: the service was amazing our waitress was super friendly and nice offered us waters for the road (we were traveling to Florida), and even split the burger and fries on two plates so my mom and I could share.

Price: they were a bit pricey for a small diner but the food was worth it, expect to pay 10-15$ a person which isn't bad.

Atmosphere: it had recently been redone, and was adorable and modern.

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I had the shrimp and grits. It was the best ever. The service was great too. A very nice place over all.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I have never gone in to a restaurant and walked out before ordering. I did today. The menu has like ten choices and most of the items consisted of things that I've never heard of. Then, the one thing I thought I might like- Pot Roast was $17! I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

8  Thank irishrose2112
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Don't go! Don't go! Don't go! When you pull into the parking lot for breakfast and see NO ONE THERE.........that should be a sign. But we were on an adventure and thought....maybe it's just early! Oh no! We should have turned around. The building was greening cold....someone forgot to leave the heat on overnight!!! The advertised homemade biscuits....were the frozen kind...not even warm! The ONLY thing hot that was served was the side of gravy.....it was microwaved! And the SECOND cup of coffee.....NOT the first. There were items on the menu....the waitress didn't know.....not her fault......the cook had to send her to the grocery store located next door to get! Before I could get my order!
Don't go! Don't go! Don't go!!

5  Thank bongo770