“Great Find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
McDonough, Georgia
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just visited The Fork with my sister and bro.in law what a great place the owner and entire staff were wonderful the food was very very good. I will be back when ever I'm near.

• Visited October 2013

Calhoun, GA
“Local place is very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been eating at the once titled "Fork in the Road" restaurant for a good while. When it moved to a shopping center and became "The Fork", I eagerly awaited its opening. Disappointed the first time...sorry Gray, but have eaten there since and the restaurant seems to be finding its niche. I ate their recently, and the fare was very good. One thing is my mother (who is 90) and my husband found the cole slaw lacking. It needs a little more umph! Other than that, the food was good and there are lots of choices. I understand that there is live entertainment on occasion and a bingo night along with karaoke. Since it is local, I am hoping this restaurant is around for a long time. I love the local art work displayed and the fact that I know the people who own it. Oh, and the desserts are to die for, homemade pies and cakes. Yummy.

• Visited July 2013
Rome
“Great Food, Great Folks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our second trip to The Fork Dinner and I can say enthusiastically the the word of mouth recommendations I got about this place were true! Tonight we had beef tips over mashed potatoes, squash casserole and my daughter had the country fried steak. The BTOP was comfort food at its best and my daughter loved the CFS. If you are anywhere near Calhoun, GA you OWE it to yourself to visit this diamond hiding in a strip mall; you won't be sorry!

• Visited June 2013
Calhoun GA
“Good food...long wait...irritable owners.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have been wanting to try this place for a long time. I finally went there over spring break. It took a long time to get my food, but I was in no hurry, so I didn't mind that. The checkout process was unpleasant, though..I had to wait a long time to pay and the entire time I waited, the people whom I assume own the place (as they were behind the counter) were really complaining about things and in a very loud manner. I thought it was pretty tacky and no one at all seemed to appreciate my business....something a southern business should excel at doing. I will try one more time, though....and chalk it up to a bad day. :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gee B
Alpharetta, Georgia
“A diner that will won my heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Mind you, I don't write about restaurants I don't like. This one was an awesome surprise. It's a different kind of diner -- walls are lined with art by talented local artists. Just so happens the owner/chef used to work for Harris Art Center -- another place in Calhoun well-worth finding. Anyway, the menu makes it easy to eat healthy. It's all fresh, made in the kitchen home-style.
I loved the veggie wrap and the crispy sweet potato fries on the side. And how many diners make it possible to top it off with a glass of pino grigio? Great wine, by the way.
Saw an announcement that there was a mystery dinner theater -- sold out -- and hated myself for having missed it. In Calhoun! Who would have guessed? Definitely will be back.

• Visited May 2013