“The best there is in Cairo”
Review of Mr. Chick

Mr. Chick
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: American
Description: A great family owned restaurant in Cairo, Ga specializing in chicken. They also have burgers, steaks, and seafood.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Mr. Chick is a counter service restaurant. Everyone is friendly and efficient. The food is quite good. It can get rather loud if the restaurant is very busy.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This has to be the ultimate in fast food fixed fresh for each customer. My wife and I again were passing through and stopped here for the second time. We again got the liver and gizzards, oysters, and grilled chicken. The portions were still huge, so large that we took much of it with us -- and they were just as good warmed over. The liver and gizzards were not overcooked and not overly greasy.

I reminded the owner of my comment about the oysters being too salty and he cooked this batch coated with just corn meal. WONDERFUL!!!! Since they were breaded and cooked to order, the nicest part was that he was happy to accommodate my request. I love oysters, and these were as good as any oysters I've eaten anywhere.

We love the atmosphere, the prices, the good food, and fast service (order at the counter and they bring it to you). What more could you ask for in a restaurant?

1  Thank LoveTravelingOn
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I were passing through heading for Thomasville when we stopped for supper. It is a very unique place with great old style ambiance. We loved the old western style wooden booths. You go to the counter to order your food and then they bring it to the table. I had the fried chicken livers and gizzards plus a half order of oysters plus a salad. My wife had the grilled chicken with a baked potato and salad -- plus a soft drink. Total price: $22. And the serving sizes were extremely large. Both of us took some with us.

The nice part was that the livers and gizzards were not overcooked and not overly greasy. The grilled chicken was tender and not dry. However, the oysters has too much salt on them. I asked the owner and was told he doesn't add anything to the mix that he uses, but thought he may need to switch to one with less salt in it.

The place was recommended to us by my wife's daughter who lives in Thomasville -- and I'm glad they did. It was definitely a good place to stop for good food, a menu with a huge variety, and reasonable prices.

We'll be back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed our chicken, so we did take out the 2nd night. My husband had catfish and I had chicken again. We enjoyed it alot!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Excellent chicken, good service, and a hometown atmosphere. Clean, friendly staff and no wait! A must stop

Been to Mr. Chick? Share your experiences!