“a welcome site on our 14 hr road trip!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed December 10, 2012

On our family road trip from Chicago IL to Orlando FL we decided to stay at this motel. They offered a good discount for military (myself active duty) and the staff was helpful in making sure we got a reasonable rate. The room itself had a very comfy bed and was very clean. We had ourselves a great nights rest and even the breakfast was on point! All and all this was a very convenient location and you can't beat the price. We will be staying here again if we ever find ourselves close by again!

Room Tip: Triple A discounts too!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 26, 2012

First we will start with average.....But I will be here for 6 to 9 months cause of my husbands job. The Quality Inn did give us a great weekly rate but of course you dont get the good rooms that the people get nightly.I do understand that but you know they do have our business for 6 to 9 months that should mean something.I have the older microwave and fridg it would be ok as long as they worked right. I have my two year old daughter her with us and of course she drinks milk.Well the fridg freezes the milk.I called them but they said if I turned it down it may not stay cold its just because I have a older fridg but I could play with it.I really dont want to play with my childs health though...I have almost 30 channels on the tv not coming in.So again I called them yesterday and they said they would be up today to fix it. Well I had to call again today and was told they had several rooms that was like that and he might be able to change a cord from another room but no answer when it would happen and of course that is all the good channels...Also as I said I have my two year old well she takes baths not showers.There is no stopper for the tub so I went down lastnight and asked for one and they told me the tub had a up and down release. But the room I am in does not have one.....hummm....So we have been putting a wash cloth in the hole....Guess that is something I can go buy though......Ok now that I have told you all the negative stuff I will share the things that is good about this place....It was a good rate,the beds do sleep good,They do have a washer and dryer if you need to use one,The air does work The pool stays open till 11pm,It was cleaner than the first hotel we stayed in when we first got here in Georgia,You do get breakfast,and you get free internet.....I will be paying alot to stay here a month.So this room is like our home right now....I dont expect them to have to clean my room I go to bed with this room clean and wake up everyday and clean it....The way I look at things is you should treat other peoples property like your own. I will keep everyone updated on how fast they fix my problems and If it is a good place to stay........Well as I was writing this The owner did come to my room to check the tv but he said its the old tv's.That we could buy one and put in ourself or we could wait on him to get one for us when he can.....Well I will let you know how long it takes for this to happen to have our channels.....We did just get here so everything I am saying might change during our stay.But I will keep everyone updated......Hope my review helps with your stay:]]

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chrissy E
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here again on the way back and yet another great experience. they've upgraded the rooms since and they now come with flat screen tvs. staff was the same really helpful and nice. sleep was magnificent as the rooms are incredibly quiet not a single sound from the interstate... not even from the ice machine right next to my room. i travel through GA a lot and its nice to know ive found my little rest area.

Room Tip: if its not peak season. walk inn rather than make a reservation. the staff is very good and friendly...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great experience at this motel. Rooms were very nice and clean, staff was very polite and friendly and best of all the breakfast was delicious... I will definitely be back to stay at this Motel. I truly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Not what I expected after reading reviews, which raises the question of their validity. The motel--and that's what it is,you park outside your door--is literally feet from I-75, with an out-of-business motel next to it, and literally a dirt road you drive on to get there. The staff was nice and friendly, but they forgot to give me a rollaway bed, then were surprised I wanted one, but brought one, then admitted that it was indeed on my reservation, which was honest of them, but then when I opened it it had the last users sheets and pillow rolled up in the middle of it, hair and all. There was graffiti scratched into the stucco ceiling, one screw was missing from the toilet cover, the room overall was pretty disgusting, (but the sheets did smell clean). Yes, there was a television, and a microwave from 1972, but this place was a hole in the wall motel. I used that expression out loud, and my kids kept asking me where the hole was the rest of our night. My eleven-year-old said it gave her a sense of foreboding. The pool was fine, but a little chilly, and no that's not a hot tub you see in the picture, just a decorative... actually kind of strange little burbling... I don't want to call it a fountain, but it's just where the water is coming from in the pool. You have to walk outside of the motel to get to it, even though it's enclosed.
The breakfast was your standard fare free breakfast. If you've stayed in these kinds of places and made you own waffle, you know what I'm talking about. It was what I expected.
To top it off, I went to check out, and she asked me if I wanted a receipt. Luckily I said yes, and lo and behold they charged me twice for the rollaway bed. The nice staff member worked to fix it, but couldn't print out another receipt, so we'll see if that gets handled correctly or not.
No, I would certainly not stay here again, but the staff I encountered were very courteous.

Room Tip: Go to the next exit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed June 6, 2012

very clean room and the staff was very nice. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet and the aircondition worked very good. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

hy i have been staying at the quality inn very frindly staf very clean rooms very far rates an pet frindly minetes away from macon an winter robeson grate brickfest an nice swiming pool a grate plice to stay an safe to also a sea food retrant within walking distence all so a deneas walfull house a barbq place an manny more all less than 3 min away i woled defenatly stay hear agin

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo