“After my bad first impression, I was pleased!”

Best Western Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I walked in, late on a very rainy night after driving for hours. I am a single mom on a single mom budget and hadn't planned for an extra room night, as we were only 5 hours from home. But, it was a torrential downpour and I was exhausted. I walked in and asked what the best rate was. No smile, no "How are you?", no greeting whatsoever except a sour face and a blase response of "$84 for a smoking (we are non-smokers) room with two double beds, unless you book online or have a coupon, it is the only room we have left.".

Seriously? It is raining, I am traveling, and clearly exhausted and have my daughter with me. You are going to send me back out into the rain to look for free wi-fi and/or a coupon?

I went back out to the car and sat, trying to figure out what to do when a car pulled up and sat there next to me. I watched apathetic man who was working that night, walk out and get into the car and drive away. OOOOOHHHHHH, now I was mad. I walked in right before shift change...he didn't want to deal with me. Seriously??? Then I remembered my daughter had picked up one of those hotel mags on the way into Georgia. I found a coupon for $61.99!!! Went inside and asked the girl if she was empowered to made decisions. She didn't understand the question, so I asked if the employees had leeway with rates? Her answers made no sense, so I handed her the coupon, told her about my experience and she upgraded us to a King Suite. It was very nice, comfortable and very clean. By the way, she stated they had about 10 rooms vacant.

So, even though management needs to do a better job at hiring and/or training...the hotel itself was very nice. I would stay there again, but would make sure to bring my coupon. :-)

The breakfast was okay and has terrible flow...needs to be reorganized. Coffee should be separate from utensils, condiments, etc. Too many people trying to get into a small space.

Room Tip: Second story rooms at the end of the building are far from the stairs, but quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
harry p, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced when trying to check in & I will check into the matter. I do not understand why the desk clerk acted as he did. Having said that I am delited you were able to find a room with us on a stormy night & we do hope you will come back & stay with us again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

this hotel was very clean and i felt very secure.The room was very nice and the breakfast bar was always filled.They did need to have several more tables and chairs.The hotel was very clean, the linens were clean and the bed was comterable. I didn't see any trash laying around anywhere. There was several gas stations near by.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your nice compliments about our hotel. We value your opinion & we strive every day to provide a pleasant & comfortable stay for all our guests. We hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We love this Inn and Suits motel near interstate 75 south of Macon, GA. The staff maintains this older property with aplomb and good cheer. Recently each room was totally refurbished and refreshed with new furniture, beds, flat screen TVs and fridge-micros.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your nice compliments about our hotel. Our staff strives every day to provide a pleasant stay for all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We don't stay anywhere except Best Western. We know what we get when we stay there. There are no surprises, always clean, friendly, comfortable and good food. The staff are always very nice and help us with any requests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
harry p, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing Best Western & staying a loyal customer. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay & hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Was greeted with a smile and the rooms were fortunately not misrepresented by the pictures. Usually I get something completely different from what the pictures show online and that upsets me. Very clean and I'm the type of person who checks every nook and cranny. Will visit again next time with the entire family. Last time they weren't too happy with the last motel here in Byron, I'm glad I gave this one a shot. Didn't get a chance to eat the breakfast but the setup looked tempting! Thanks again...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KrisPGM
harry p, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your nice compliments about our hotel & staff. We strive each day to provide a pleasant stay for all our guests. We hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you base your decision to stay and this hotel for the pool and spa then look else where. I booked 3 rooms in advance for my wedding party and wanted an Heated indoor pool and Spa and this hotel's was out of order the entire weekend, and judging from the sign it had been out of order for a while.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
harry p, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We do apologize the spa was out of order due to a part which had to be manufactured for the equipment that is here so that took extra time for us to receive it. The spa has been repaired and is now working great. As for the pool it is not heated nor do we advertise a heated pool only a heated spa. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay but keep in mind that any mechanical can break down.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We experienced dogs, barking, bugs - that's about it. Would not stay here again. My kids were worried about the bugs all night! The check-in clerk was not very friendly at all, the hotel room had a stale smoking odor, even though it was a smoke-free room. And when we went to eat the complimentary breakfast people brought there pets with them in the dinning area. Gross!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
harry p, Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We sincerely regret that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Our staff strives each day to provide a clean & comfortable room for all our guests. Pets are not allowed in the breakfast area but service animals are allowed by federal law so I hope that was the case.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
0 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Byron
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!