“A Hidden Gem Near Macon, GA on I-75 South D. Eugene”

Best Western Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We travel a lot, and rarely have we found an Inn as good as this. Nestled between two national brands of three and four stories each, this Inn and Suites is what we like: a traditional motel that allows you immediate access to your room from your vehicle. We like to use the hot pool and the larger swimming pool for exercise, as well as the training room with up-to-date equipment and a TV. It's nice to watch the news or the game while you work out indoors. We've been stopping here regularly for the past five years, and we notice two positive trends: 1) no staff turnover, 2) continual upgrading of rooms and facilities. Tip of the hat to the custodial staff for making sure the rooms are super clean and neat! The suite we usually stay in has a separate living/work space, with a sofa for two, a desk, office chair and reliable wireless internet service. The beds are neat and clean, and the mattress is always just as we like it: firm with a supple feel. The great thing about being sandwiched between two larger motels is that the rooms are shielded on each side from road noises. The staff is professional but friendly, and the breakfast crew will make you glad to be up and about, even at 6:30 in the morning. They'll provide a copy of the Macon, Georgia, newspaper, as you treat yourself to sausage, eggs, waffles, and other great breakfast items. If we happen to be visiting within fifty miles of Macon, we always choose the Best Western Inn and Suites at Byron, GA. Finally, the price: you'll never find a better bargain than this hidden gem right in the middle of Georgia. AARP and AAA rates are extremely competitive, and if you run into an unexpected problem, you can count on the staff to make your visit as pleasant as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms on ground floor provide direct access to your room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 8, 2011

hi my name is rick,

I stayed here on 7/17/2011, I was on a business trip and I tell you what, this hotel is very nice and not that expensive at all..my budget was around $65-75 , and i got the room around $76 bucks, which is not that bad at all! the front desk lady is very sweet and nice, she is very helpful and she even helped me choose places to eat in Byron, there's not that many places but she was very sweet and just letting me know and I appreciate that from a person who is taking the time to tell me what is around Byron, GA. the rooms are clean the beds are soft, the only real problem i had was my tub was draining a little slow, but besides that, this hotel was great, and very accessible off the ramp! i will def be back at this hotel in the near future!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I both have back issues.. the bed in this room was amazing.. wish we knew what brand mattress.. we would buy one.. Very clean.. even corners in the bathroom were clean.. I have stayed at a lot of motels through the years and this was by far the best and the most reasonably priced. Noise was not an issue, we didn't even hear cars that pulled in late. Very friendly staff we will definitely stayhere when passing through again..

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a comfortable bed.. I got great!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed in the king jacuzzi suite. Our room had just been completely remodeled and the owners were in the process of remodeling the other rooms as well. Everything was very clean and looked new. Flat screen tv, great jacuzzi tub, nice tile floors in the bath area and even crown molding around the room! Excellent well stocked continental breakfast, hot tub and pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Exterior entry room doors and I believe it is a long term living option for many locals!! I recommend you stay at the Holiday Inn Express or Comfort Suites which are both in the same parking lot!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Pleasant area only a small population of 2000. The hotel was clean and comfotable for 1 night. We were a family of 4 with 2 Teens 19yrs and 13yrs. We shared a room for the durtion just to keep the cost down. There was a basic breakfast included.
This hotel is near a busy highway and some people may find this noisy.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We stayed here one night on our way to Florida. It's right off the highway and they allow dogs in non-smoking rooms which is nice. The room was very dated but clean for the most part. The towels were quite worn and the bathtub was so stained that it looked dirty even when I tried to clean it myself. But other than those issues, it felt like a clean and safe place to stay for a night.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron
Comfort Suites Byron
Comfort Suites Byron
#2 of 10 in Byron
Super 8 Byron/South Macon
Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon
Best Western Riverside Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!