“Very bad”

Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Very dirty - too scary to take a shower due to all the mildew. I'm going to contact Choice Hotels as well since I think there should be some minimum standard for cleanliness to be included in a national chain. Unfortunately, the reviews on this site made it look better than it actually was so I booked it. Don't make the same mistake.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 13, 2008

The room was actually clean and well kept. That was the only thing nice about this stay. The staff of the hotel were very unfriendly, rude, unaccommodating and tried to overcharge me! Upon checking in, the front desk staff made me wait an additional 8 minutes to check in because it wasn't check in time yet even though the room was ready. Then, they tried to charge me $15 for a pet fee/night even though their website states that the pet fee is $10/hight. The next day we placed the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door because we had a baby sleeping in the room. What does the housekeeper do? Knock on the door and say "Housekeeping". I opened the door to tell them we didn't need anything that's why we had the sign on the door and the housekeeper doesn't even speak English!! Upon checking out I turned in my key and waited to make sure everything was fine and was asked rudely..."Do you need anything?". When I said excuse me? She said again..."Do you need anything? I have everything I need." At that point I left to never again return.

Note to people traveling with dogs. This hotel has very minimal grass...about a 2 foot wide strip on the side of the hotel parking lot and a little on a slope in the back on top of a wall.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 7, 2007

The room was very worn, it had a strong smell but it wasn't a foul odor (maybe some kind of cleaning solvent) and the sink wouldn't stop running. The ceiling had water marks. The service in the lobby was pretty slow. Fortunately we never saw the hotel in daylight....maybe if we had, it would have gotten a "1" rating! To get a room, contact choice hotels first (I think you'll get a better rate than if you just show up in the lobby). Stay there if you really need a rest from I-75.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2006

We stayed at this Motel on our way back from Florida.

Our room was clean and tidy. Room and building itself was in Good Conditon.

Was very easy to find.

• Stayed: January 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Econo Lodge Byron/Old Macon Rd
#5 of 10 in Byron
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#13 of 22 in Warner Robins

Been to Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd? Share your experiences!