“YUCK”

Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had family in from overseas and they had booked this hotel. After talking through the bullet proof glass to the lady at the desk we made our way to the room. NOTHING like the pictures. Old nasty worn out room....mildew everywhere. Needless to say, they are sleeping on my couch for the night and we will find somewhere else tomorrow....horrible!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank noturavgjo

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I will never stay at this Hotel again! I'm just glad that we didn't have any children with us. The rooms were ok and the beds were comfortable but the guests were horrible and the staff was very rude. It felt like I was staying at a wh*** house or somewhere that the guests were doing dope deals. On numerous occassions the guests were pounding on doors and today in the room next to me their were guys pounding on the door yelling, "Open the door b****, open the f****** door, let me see your pen**." So glad that I didn't have children with me!! One morning we went out at 6am to get breakfast and the room next to us had a sheet covered with vomit on it lying outside their door. When the sun came out I could smell it coming through my door. It was disgusting! The staff was also very rude! I never felt welcome and the staff never smiled, they always looked pissed. I felt as though everytime I went to the front it was like they were thinking what the h**l do you want. When asking for fresh towels they were really hateful and when recieving calls to my room they acted as if it killed them to connect a call. They would tell the people calling me, Uhhhhh, or can you call back in a minute. Everyone that called me said that the staff was very rude to them when ask to connect the call. Even though the beds are comfortable and the room was fairly clean, I would NEVER stay here again and if you have children or you're planning a family vacation stay away from this place. It was horrible!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is by far the nastiest place I have ever stayed. My bed linens had yellow stains, black make-up, black hairs on the bathroom walls. I was disgusted. I took a sheet off the bed and there was a blood stain on the mattress. Very un-sanitary.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband, kids (ages 17 and 20), and I stayed at this location because it was a 1/2 way point for us on our way to Florida. We arrived around 11 pm and our reservation was in order. I reserved 2 rooms thru Choice Privileges and redeemed points for the rooms. The rooms were exactly what I requested...a room with a King-sized bed and a room with 2 queen-sized beds. The rooms were small, but more than adequate for an overnite stay. The tub and toilet are in a separate room from the sink and mirror areas which is convenient when I want to dry my hair and put make-up on while my husband showers. The rooms were clean...nothing to complain about there. I heard no outside noises during my stay The beds were extremely comfortable, and the linens were nice. All the doors open up to the outside...no interior corridors here, but there was plenty of parking and we were able to park directly in front of our rooms. Breakfast was very scant...mainly some waffles, pastries, coffee and milk...no fresh fruit, no juice, no cereal. There is a Waffle House right next door though if you want a hot, quick breakfast. Gas prices at this exit were also the cheapest I found all the way up and down Interstate 75 in the whole state of Georgia!

I would definitely stay here again for quick, overnite stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Our half way point in visiting family in South Florida is in this area. We drive until late evening and look for a reasonably priced place to get a few hours's sleep. On our last trip, we chose this motel due to an ad in an area tourist brochure for a discounted price. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and neatness of our room. The bed was very comfortable and the surroundings were quiet so we had a very restful night. The continental breakfast was not much to speak of; otherwise, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Conveniently located just off I-75, this Econo Lodge has an attached gas station that is a nice convenience. The check-in process went smooth except I was told I had a 1 queen room when it was a king. I had reserved 2 rooms (1 king and 1 with 2 queens). Both rooms ended up being 2 kings. Having arrived quite late and needing max sleep time, I opted to not change room types once moving in. The room was clean and quite functional. The morning breakfast was a little disspapoiinting with little to choose from. Had a cup of coffee and a glass of O.J. Only other offerings were a small danish or boxed cereal. While I could consider staying there again, I may look at alternatives in the I-75, Byron area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

This hotel advertises that it is a brand new hotel. I don't know how a brand new hotel can be so worn. The lavatorys are cracked and stained brown. The bed linens had not been changed and had holes in them and had mysterious brown stains on them. The management came into our room when we left for 30 minutes and turned everything off including the air conditioner. The office had an odor that smelled of moth balls and curry. This is truly one of the worst experiences we have endured in our travels.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Quality Inn
Best Western Inn & Suites
EconoLodge
EconoLodge
#8 of 24 in Perry

Been to Econo Lodge Byron / Watson Blvd? Share your experiences!