“Good Grouper!”
Review of Captain Jack's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Captain Jack's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I had their grilled grouper platter and it was good. Very well seasoned! I enjoyed it very much. Enjoyed the atmosphere, very friendly southern hospitality and family oriented. Will recommend it without thinking twice!

There are newer reviews for Captain Jack's Crab Shack

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Despite the restaurant's appearance (inside and out), we had really good sea food dinners. Four different meals were all good. The grouper tacos were outstanding. Service was good but a little confused. Bar service was slow.
Definitely a place I would return to.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

After a quick check of TripAdvisor rating from the parking lot, I decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did. I had the 1.5 pound crab legs. I didn't realize how much crab that is. 4 full clusters. I was in heaven. Very, very tasty. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. My server came by just often enough.

The reason I checked TA from the parking lot was that it was empty. I wasn't sure the restaurant was open. My rule of thumb is the more cars in the parking lot, the better the business. After going inside, I realized the lot was empty because I was eating dinner at 4PM in the afternoon! I had been driving all day haha. When I left, the place was pretty full and LOTS of cars were in the lot.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stopped by Captain Jack's for lunch and it did not disappoint. The portions are generous - my husband and I shared the Captain's platter, which was plenty for the two of us to feel full, but not too full. The coleslaw (with a mayo based sweet dressing) was excellent , the fried seafood was prepared well and was delicious, and the cheese grits were tasty too. We weren't as impressed by the crab cake - it wasn't crispy enough for our liking and the flavor was based on seafood seasoning alone. The draft beer was also very inexpensive at $2.50, even for a craft-type beer. They also have multiple mixed drink offerings, basic wines and several options from a north Georgia winery. There are many dessert options too! Captain Jack's is not a location for a fancy meal, but is a delicious taste of great seafood in middle Georgia. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank jmebgiv
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We found "The Shack" at the recommendation of a nearby hotel front desk hostess. We were not disappointed. A nice bar selection, even for this part of Georgia. The wife opted for grilled shrimp and scallops which were excellently prepared. My shrimp and grits were just great. (Thought I was back in the "low country"). They were nicely grilled and sized, very tender. The grits were creamy with an andouille, tomato sauce along side. A place to remember here along I-75.