“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at. The hotel staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. The rooms are large and easy to relax in. The bathrooms are clean and have good lighting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Byron, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

Excellent free full breakfast, great service, clean rooms, we stayed her with family and friends for a wedding, we enjoyed our stay, great location

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Have you ever had a room with a ceiling fan? Our room had two. My husband and I stay in a hotel three to four nights a week because of our job. Believe me when I say I am picky and will not hesitate to complain or ask something I need. The property is clean, the staff is friendly, breakfast is hot and everything worked. But that can be said about Holiday Inn Express properties. Our room at this property was huge. I loved having a bathroom large enough for two people. OH yes, and great lighting in the bathroom for makeup, two full length mirrors plus mirrored closet doors. If we ever get back to Byron, we'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

WARNING!!!! We had a terrible experience here. We had a booking problem with a reservation and contacted the hotel about the matter. The manager provided information that I do not feel was true. In fact, I told her that, if necessary, I would talk with other guests upon my arrival to prove that her explanation was not an honest one. When confronted about the matter, she was at first helpful. She said she would try to find a solution and promised to call me back shortly.

Though she failed to call again, as promised, she had the front desk clerk call me to tell me that we had a reservation for 2 rooms and that the matter had been handled (this was 9:55 am on 9/4/10). Hours later, the manager called and said that we did NOT have a reservation and that she and decided that based on my earlier complaint, she would not allow us to stay in the hotel. Her behavior was bizarre. By this time, we were already on our way to the Byron area.

I contacted Priority Club at Holiday Inn. I have been a Priority Club member for years. I advised them of the situation and they contacted the manager. Guest services at Priority Club said she stated that the clerk had never called us (though my cell phone records clearly reflect that I received 2 calls from the hotel - one at 9:55 am and another at 10:26 am). This was clearly untrue. Furthermore, guest services said the manager said she had offered me a free room and that I had refused to accept it. This was also blatantly false.

I asked that guest services place us (manager, guest services, and me) on a conference call so that we could resolve the matter. The manager refused to agree to such a call. Suspicious, isn't it?

This is the worst service I have ever received at a hotel. I believe it is because the manager knew that she had been dishonest with me and that my questioning of other guests would clearly show that.

I have stayed in Holiday Inns in Poland, France, Italy, and throughout the U.S. It may be a long time before I stay at Holiday Inn again. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. I am filing a formal complaint at Holiday Inn.

In the meantime, my advice to anyone seeking a hotel in this area is to AVOID this one. There are plenty of other hotels in the vicinity. In fact, we enjoyed 2 nights at a Comfort Inn in this area after this incident. Again, WARNING!! we had serious, serious problems here.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank fatherofj
Preetii, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Guest was looking for Kids suite and we did not have that available, we only have 2 on property. Guest got very angry threatening that we will suffer for this, he will take any room at the hotel and speak with all the guests and disrupt our business. We offered him another suite previous to that and he refused stating that he needed the kids suites, he would get one suite with his priority club points and other one we were willing to work with him on. He was basically threatening that he will not let this go and complaint on Tripadvisor and create hell for us; which he has done. At this point we decided to refuse his business. He then stayed at comfort inn and suites in Warner robbins airforce base and just do be vindictive gave them a good review as he has never reviewed hotels before on tripadvisor. We have good hotel with good service however we don't take kindly to threats; thats only fair; we treat our guests with respect and deserve the same in return.
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Morning breakfast bar was well stocked and attendants were attentive. Rooms are nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Byron, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

I am sitting in this motel writing this review at midnight. I stopped because of the huge billboards that said new rooms. When I asked they said well they are newly remodeled. well it would have been nice if they bought new towels and sheets because everything in the room was dingy and I was afraid to even use the towels they looked so dirty, not to mention the water damage in my shower. I will never stay in another Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Antiholiday
Palm Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

I had reserved this hotel for one night on our way to Tn. from FL. because they offered a 'family suite' which included a seperate sleeping room with bunk beds for our two teenagers. This additional room was pretty much closet sized, a toddler table a TV and bunk beds with 4 inch mattresses. My boys were happy to have a space of their own until about 12:30 a.m. when they noticed bugs on their wall. I was too tired to pack up and leave so we pushed the beds away from the wall only to discover more and more bugs on the carpet and coming from the base boards. My husband told the front desk about the problem and the clerk came into the room to spray some kind of degreasing product on the wall as a solution!!! I guess it killed the bugs but there was no offer to comp our room or any indication that this was even unusual. If I hadn't been so exhausted and anywhere but Bryon, Ga. (not a lot of hotels there....) I would have left. The breakfast bar in the a.m. was lame, nothing hot besides toast and bagels. This hotel was very inexpensive but once again proves that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank PBLorraine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Comfort Suites Byron
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Byron

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron? Share your experiences!