“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Byron
Fort Myers, Florida
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am used to staying at Holiday Inns, but this one was a very pleasant surprise. Probably the most comfortable motel bed I have ever slept in. The front desk staff:was on the ball; express checkout was great. Good variety on the Breakfast bar,and we were fed and on the road by 7:00 AM. Good experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Immanuel, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel was perfect for my business trip. Right off the highway, clean and comfortable room and great customer service. The front desk took care of me even before I checked in. I hope it get to visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sonia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Ruthie,
Thank you for a great review. We appreciate that you found our rooms clean, comfortable and experienced our great customer service. I will share your positive feedback with our entire staff and this will further encourage them to continue providing great service and accommodations to our guests. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Byron.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was traveling later than I had planned to be after a day packed with site seeing in Atlanta. As I headed south toward to FL I needed a place to recoup before making it home. I know Holiday Inn's quality standards & wanted to find one. I stopped a few miles up the road and that location was full. I have to say I was very tired & a little grouchy when I reached Byron. The lady at the desk was so welcoming & accommodating. The room was perfect and very comfortable. The location is very quiet. I was feeling much better the next morning after a good rest in a clean, comfortable room. Thank you for your hospitality.

Sandy

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sandy,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Byron. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and got the much needed rest for your journey. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My Husband and I are truck drivers, we stay in many hotels, and THIS is one of THE BEST hotels we have stayed in, we stayed in this Holiday Inn Express on 9/16/13, and we were VERY pleased, we read some of the trip advisor reviews and was wondering why the heck someone would leave a negative review, there was NOTHING wrong with this hotel, it was great, the bed was AMAZING, it was clean, and the customer service staff was amazing!! would recommend this HIE to anyone looking for a good comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sonia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Katrina,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Byron GAaAd. We appreciate that you found our hotel to be one of the best that you have stayed in and that you were very pleased. The positive feedback from guests like yourself encourages us to continue providing great service and clean accommodations. Thank you for recognizing our team efforts and we hope to see you soon.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was an unsettling night's stay. It started with seein a couple of rooms with the doors open (no one inside) which I thought was strange. Then, I was unable to get the room's door open. Perhaps it was just sticky but it seemed to be locked with the deadbolt. The clerk on the desk was quick to go up and check the room while I waited and reported that it was just a sticky door. This room had a door to an adjoining room and the dead bolt was not locked. I felt the most insecure I've felt in a long time.

Now for the mattress. When one sits on a mattress, your knees should not be higher than your butt. I tried the other bed but it was just as worn out. Everything else about the hotel was fine. I received a bottle of water and a treat at check-in. Everything in the room aside from the mattresses was in good order. I liked having a comfy chair with a light behind it to sit in and read. Breakfast was reasonable.

Looking back I should have asked for a different room once I discovered how bad the mattress was, but I think I was already undresses. Note to self: check out the mattress first thing.

1 Thank MrTympani
Sonia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mr Tympani,
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am truly sorry for the issue you had with the mattress in your room. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience it has caused you. Our staff would have gladly moved you to a different room. We strive to accomodate all our guests and their needs and appreciate your feedback and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Miami, FL
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed one night only, checked in really late (almost midnight). Front desk staff was extremely nice, professional. Let us know about everything and had cookies for us and goodie bag. Room was impeccable, all clean!

Room Tip: Make sure you turn on AC really low, takes a long while to get cold.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sabre4e
Gettysburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are preferred members for Holiday Inn Express, so we have stayed at many of their hotels over the last few years. We stayed at this hotel for the first time while traveling back from Disney. While it was nice, it was not up the usual standard that we have enjoyed at other Holiday Inn Express venues. The room was not as clean as it could have been, especially the carpeting and bathroom floors. As another reviewer stated, the tub drain was slow and we also found the curved tub hard to stand in while showering. The breakfast was the usual fare, but the dining area was kept so cool that our food became cold before we could finish the plate. Again, this hotel just needs a little bit of "tweeking" to bring it up the quality that is Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gsdull
Sonia M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time share your comments about your stay. We apologize that we did not meet up to your expectations and assure you that we strictly abide by high standards. We have addressed the areas of concerns with the appropriate departments and hope that you will see the improvements when you return. It is the feedback from guests like yourselves that help us improve.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byron
Best Western Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Macon West
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#2 of 24 in Perry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron? Share your experiences!